Pistol friendly gun safes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a gun safe, but I'm wanting something that's more pistol friendly then long gun friendly.

Some of the things I'm trying to figure out...

Are the safes with the door hanging / pocket systems worth the extra money?

Are certain brands / models better for providing shelf inserts?

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Handguns tend to take a backseat to long guns as far as safes are concerned. I had the same problem with mine so I used short drywall screws to attach Velcro loops to the door, two for each handgun.

SDS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Flatwins, is there any chance you can show a picture of what your talking about? I haven't been able to come up with an easy way to do this and can't justify the cost of the "systems".

QuickDraw, I have just used the gun racks that sit on the shelf but my needs were pretty evenly split between long guns and hand guns.

SDS

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the same issue, more hand guns than long guns. I'm getting a bear safe soon, I looked at them yesterday and I can configure the smaller one they sell to fit my needs perfectly. $1300 ish delivered, taxed and installed. 2 hour fire rating.

oldkar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
academy and others sell a rack system thet attaches to the door with adjustable straps. not expensive and works well. i had to alter to fit my safe

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take a look at the Armor Vault safes. They have welded hooks in the door for handguns. They will also add shelves and you can get either the under shelf hangers or use racks on the shelves.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Flatwins, is there any chance you can show a picture of what your talking about? I haven't been able to come up with an easy way to do this and can't justify the cost of the "systems".

SDS

I had the same issue: Most of the available options for handgun storage are either too limiting and\or too expensive. Mine is comprised of cut-to-length Velcro from Harbor Freight and some drywall screws to secure the loops to the fireboard on the safe door. This isn't a great pic but hopefully it will give you some ideas. There's still room on the door for more but I might fasten a folder at the bottom for document storage.

i655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_BF11B603_8A85_42AE_9b79e93445cf7268d1be0842c995a3ec.jpg

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take a look at the Armor Vault safes. They have welded hooks in the door for handguns. They will also add shelves and you can get either the under shelf hangers or use racks on the shelves.

I see they are an OKC based company. Anyone know if anyone in Tulsa has them I'd be interested in checking them out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom