Pistol grip shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are there any legal issues with a pistol grip shotgun? I assume not since you can walk out of Academy with one in hand. I guess in Oklahoma there are no restrictions against such a shotgun?

BC

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool thing about a PG shotty is that you can have MAS or other 02 SOT saw the barrel off and make it an AOW and a $5 transfer back to you. Only thing is you can never have put the stock on it. Once it has been made into a stocked shotty you can't AOW it again.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool thing about a PG shotty is that you can have MAS or other 02 SOT saw the barrel off and make it an AOW and a $5 transfer back to you. Only thing is you can never have put the stock on it. Once it has been made into a stocked shotty you can't AOW it again.

... come again? "AOW"?

If I'm reading this correctly, a sawed-off shotgun with a pistol grip but no stock is legal?

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any Other Weapon

Still regulated by the NFA, but it isn't a Short Barreled Shotgun if it came factory with a pistol grip and has never had a stock on in. That puts in in the AOW class of the NFA.

Just the same as a pistol with a VFG installed is an AOW.

Latest posts

Top Bottom