Pistol grip shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now for the REAL question. Is a PG even a good option for a home defense shotgun? Or would it be more practical with a factory stock and short barrel? Like most of you, I grew up shooting a shotgun and it is second nature so why mess with muscle memory when it is functioning fine already?

BC

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TTT. I want to hear some of your opinions about the usefulness of a pistol grip shotgun for home defense. I personally think the standard stock is better for me because that is what I grew up shooting and it comes second nature to bring it up to my shoulder. I would worry that I would try to bring it up to my shoulder out of habit.......:o

BC

Now for the REAL question. Is a PG even a good option for a home defense shotgun? Or would it be more practical with a factory stock and short barrel? Like most of you, I grew up shooting a shotgun and it is second nature so why mess with muscle memory when it is functioning fine already?

BC

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it really depends on whether you're wearing biker leather with a leg brace, and going up against crazed football shoulder pad wearing reavers in post apocalyptic Australia. Then I'd defintely recommend the PG only short double barrel shotgun. ;)

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've shot a pistol-grip-only shotgun once; it really was nasty, and my accuracy was rather less than stellar at distances greater than about 5 yards. The presence of a butt stock really helps with control of a shotgun while firing. Put a PG and a butt stock together, such as in the Knoxx Spec-Ops unit - now you're talking :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom