Please ask your wife before you sell...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swickey

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same here. i just ask before i buy anything over a certain amount and after i added up what i payed for my guns and what they are worth now she sees it more of an investment. now where to get a gun related Roth IRA backed by fire arms in my house.. hmmm

You could say that but she and I are both very fiscally responsible, in fact she will ask me if she can spend some money on something and I always say yes, because she doesn't waste a dime, we just happen to have grown up with parents and grandparents who taught us quite well. Have a friend or two on here that know Mrs. Lone Wolf and I think they would verify that.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never understood the "gotta ask the wife" as an out if you're not interested in buying. I would rather a straight up not interested. You're not gonna hurt my feelings.

As far as buying, if I make a deal it's a deal. If I feel the need to consult the wife beforehand I don't open my mouth and commit.

After 21 years of marriage, sometimes it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont have a wife to tell me what to buy and sell haha.

Same here! I had one for 16 years though. Now it's just me, calling the shots and makin' deals.

FWIW though my ex was really cool about stuff like that. She talked me out of selling stuff a few times. Stuff I wanted to keep but figured it made more sense to sell it off. I have a sweet vintage drum set I've planned to sell twice and she talked me into keeping it. Once even after we divorced.