Please ask your wife before you sell...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out why a man can't just say "Hey! I changed my mind" or "Hey! I got a better offer" ... How is it better to look like a spineless idiot and say "Errrr, my wife says I can't do this now". Hell would freeze over before I told anyone "Hey! GC says I can't do so and so with a gun I own."

Guys?? (It's a fair question, IMHO.)

yea but your a women so its different. My wife wont care...and if she does then she might not be my wife very long.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, I actually had this happen one time on a gun I took in on trade. I listed it, and in the meantime while I was out of town, she found it and started playing with it and really liked it. I called the guy when she told me and asked for him to wait until I got home to talk with her. I sold him the gun at the price quoted and had to buy a new one for an additional $45 bucks, but I kinda feel that when a guy gives his word, it ought to mean something.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, I actually had this happen one time on a gun I took in on trade. I listed it, and in the meantime while I was out of town, she found it and started playing with it and really liked it. I called the guy when she told me and asked for him to wait until I got home to talk with her. I sold him the gun at the price quoted and had to buy a new one for an additional $45 bucks, but I kinda feel that when a guy gives his word, it ought to mean something.

Well, if you hadn't hidden it from her in the first place, that never would have happened -- just saying ... :D

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out why a man can't just say "Hey! I changed my mind" or "Hey! I got a better offer" ... How is it better to look like a spineless idiot and say "Errrr, my wife says I can't do this now". Hell would freeze over before I told anyone "Hey! GC says I can't do so and so with a gun I own so the deal I made with you is off the table."

I mean seriously ... GC only asks me now because it's his fault I'm into this shooting stuff. Before he tricked me into liking guns and shooting he NEVER asked me if he could do anything with any of this shooting stuff around here (and I didn't expect him to).

Guys?? (It's a fair question, IMHO.)

Agreed. Its right up there with cell phone leash.

ultimatesooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol a few years ago my wifes grandpa sold her grandmas "fishing car". it was just a mid 80s buick they kept when they got a newer car. she left her fishing poles in it and used to to drive down to the water and go fishing. she was gone when he did it and it made her so mad that she sold one of his tractors a few weeks later while he was gone