plinkster trouble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no experience with Mossberg rimfire bolts, BUT I would try putting the empty mag in and seeing if the bolt closes and locks. If it does you know there is something with magazine being loaded. Perhaps the follower is in wrong? If the bolt doesn't close and lock without a mag, you a have a bigger problem I would think.

Alos try only loading the clip half full and see what that does?

I really don't know anything about Mossbergs, but these steps would probably help diagnosis with any bolt gun.

Hope this helps a little.

Last edited:

justinsaneok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Slugger I think its one of those Semi auto Mossbergs. The cocking handle on the bolt pushes in or out to lock the bolt back and they can be a PITA sometimes. That's probably all it is.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Slugger I think its one of those Semi auto Mossbergs. The cocking handle on the bolt pushes in or out to lock the bolt back and they can be a PITA sometimes. That's probably all it is.

Oh the "lock on empty mag" deal. Gotta pull the charging lever back and hit the release. They can be finicky on the Marlins....

Latest posts

Top Bottom