POACHERS!!!! What do you think should be legal!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good question:

Ordinary walk in poachers: It should be legal to shoot or slash their tires out to keep them from leaving, and then hold them at gunpoint until the law arrives. The fine, along with the cost of the tow and new tires, should make them think twice next time.

Road hunters who shoot from a vehicle, it should be legal to shoot back, as long as you're trying to hit tires or engine block, just to stop them from escaping.

Litterers on public land, should be legal to hold them at gunpoint for the law, also, and get them charged with a $1,000 fine. If they're also trespassing on your land at that moment, then add this fine to the trespass fine.

I know what it feels like to have someone poach deer from your hunting area. It happened to me a few years ago and I was pissed, so I'm not defending poaching or poachers when I say this.

Instead of slashing tires or shooting them out, take their picture with a cell phone camera and a picture of their vehicle and licsense plate.

Road hunters should be dealt with the same. I had a co worker who witnessed someone shoot a deer on a public road from private land, while he was traveling on the road. To make a long story short the people who owned the land on the other side of the road thought he had taken a shot and shot at his pickup. They called the game warden who searched the truck for a bullet hole that they claimed they put in his truck bed. Thing is they didn't even hit the pickup so shooting at vehicles, in my opinion is attempted murder.

Littering or not, with all of the crazy stuff that happens on public land, one shouldn't be pointing firearms at anyone unless you intend to kill them.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This just in, man uses hyperbole on internet: Several experts believe this it the first time a person has expressed himself in such a manner on an internet discussion forum. Updates will be provided after he is hauled in for questioning.

Tune in Thursday when we investigate verbal threats of rape and sexual assault among middle-class, heterosexual men in the world of online multi-player fighting games.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This just in, man uses hyperbole on internet: Several experts believe this it the first time a person has expressed himself in this manner on an internet discussion forum. Updates will be provided after he is hauled in for questioning.

Tune in Thursday when we investigate verbal threats of rape and sexual assault among middle-class, heterosexual men in the world of online multi-player fighting games.

win. :lmfao:

smcgee10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel your pain. A couple years ago, I went to feed cows. I topped a hill and found 19 hunters camped at my barn. Turned around, called county sheriff, waited at the gate. Turns out they took a left instead of a right. And wound up at my land withe permission to hunt land a mile away. Then they got pissed the sheriff told them to leave. Sheriff leaves and I go to pick up the dang beer cans and find a calf butchered out. I guess it was because they wanted some meat. The sheriff had all the names and addresses of the hunters, then refuses to press charges because I did not see which one of the 19 shot the calf.

Yeah. Poachers suck. But being in jail doing 20 to life would suck more.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First let's clear some things up......

You don't need to defend yourself kwinok. It's ok to be ticked off about poaching. It's outright theft and it's especially insulting if something gets poached right under your nose. Also, there are laws on the books about shooting from the road. Too bad your FIL couldn't get their tag number.

ArealGunNut

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't stand poachers period. If it were me I would have called your local game ranger and or law enforcement. Chances are they local and should be easy to track. Did I mention I HATE poachers?

Latest posts

Top Bottom