Had the most unusual interaction with a Highway Patrol trooper yesterday.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my fun things to do on patrol was pull up to an unmarked intersection with three other cars, fold my arms and just sit there. It is funny as hell watching human nature take over.
I think cops do the same thing on the highway. Everyone is smoking along at 80, and come up on a cop in the slow lane doing 60, now all of a sudden everyone is afraid to pass him. I'm sure they get a laugh out of that.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was pulled over for speeding several years ago and the Texas Trooper had his gun unbuckled which bothered me quite a bit me because I am not the one to confront anyone wearign a badge. I pulled off the road and gave him plenty of space where he wouldn't be hit by another car and he gave me a warning ticket that I still have today! It is the first warning ticket I have ever received and I was goign to frame it but so far haven't done so.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back when I was about 17 and working at Little Caesar's on 12th and Alameda in Norman, I had to go to work one night when it was icy. I didn't have much (any really) experience driving in ice at the time. I was driving down 12th and was coming up to the light at Boyd when the light changed. Being the ever vigilant driver I am, I hit the brakes so as to not run the red light. The ice on the roads laughed gloriously at that concept and I just slid straight through the stop light. As I was crossing Boyd, I looked over to see one of Norman's finest sitting there looking at me. For some reason I thought it was a good idea, while looking at him and sliding through the red light, to wave at him. He waved back and I continued on to work. That's the closest I've ever come to getting a warning.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I should not say this because I am going to jinx myself. I have been stopped 8 times (yes, that is correct) in the last three or four years for speeding or doing something stupid. I have only received one ticket and that was of course in Union City where they must have some kind of quota or something.

All other times, I either BSed my way out of it or caught a cop in a good mood. One even said if I filled out his contact card for me, he would only give me a warning. So I did.

Another asked why I ran a red light and I told him I didn't want to slam on the brakes because my shotgun (slug gun) would fall off the back seat and knock my scope out of alignment. He said he never heard that excuse before and let me go.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Were they in a boat at the time?
No, on the highway in a single cab white pu. I'm just glad that he didn't have radar and back then the speedometer pegged out at 85. The speed limit was 55.
My old driving moto was "I drive the way you wish you had the nerve too." lol

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in Edmond turning left from 15th I think onto Broadway southbound. I was following a truck. I didn't see the left turn signal turn red because I was following the big 18 wheeler truck. An Edmond motor cop stopped me. Got my DL and didn't say a damn word just went back and wrote me a ticket for the left turn I didn't see. It kinda pissed me off and I was going to ask him if he wanted to hear my side but thought better of it and left him to his chores.

I paid it nolo contendere and went on with life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom