Police in Democrat-Run Oakland Urge Residents to Use Airhorns if Targeted by Criminals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You’re also allowed to carry a sidearm in griz country inside national parks thanks to an Oklahoma legislator that quietly stuffed it into the Obama care bill.
That’s why I bought the 10 mm.
I’ll take a firearm over any bells or bear spray that is questionable at best.

Take that air horn too. I used that more than any other noise maker on nuisance bears that just would not move on. It works really well. The only issue I had was they do get used to the sound and it loses its effect over time.
But for those initial uses it scares the scat out of them!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I predict that an airhorn used against a committed robber/rapist/murderer will have at least as much effect as bells on your hiking shoes have against a hungry grizzly bear.
A few years back in some cities it was recommended that if a woman was about to be raped, she should blow a whistle. I don’t know if it worked or was effective but I doubt if it would have worked.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0660.jpeg

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if you can make a muzzle device that sounds like an air horn when the bullet exits. It'd create a whole new dimension to "tuning" your firearm.

Last edited:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like there will be a mega run on air horns, everyone seems to carry one these days. Matter of fact, I bought several for my grandkids to use on the playground if they have a bully problem. (LOL)

I remember not too long ago if a woman was being raped they were to blow a whistle...as if that would help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom