Polished Trigger FAIL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You like the two stage triggers? I just can't get used to the take-up. Tried one once. Sold it.

Yes, love 2 stage triggers. Hate single stage, can't feel where I'm at in the pull then bam. 2 stage I have take up then am sitting on the glass rod waiting for it to break.

Sounds like we like th exact opposite trigger. Guess it's good they make both.

Absolutely in love with many multiple SSA-E triggers. Great for accuracy and fast for Run&guns.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, love 2 stage triggers. Hate single stage, can't feel where I'm at in the pull then bam. 2 stage I have take up then am sitting on the glass rod waiting for it to break.

Sounds like we like th exact opposite trigger. Guess it's good they make both.

Absolutely in love with many multiple SSA-E triggers. Great for accuracy and fast for Run&guns.
True. I'm into run and gun shooting quickly with fast follow up shots, not necessarily pin point accuracy.
Need to knock over some steel and hit the A zone.
Its great we have choices for the different style's of competitions. Just got in my new Timmney trigger today that I won as a part of a contingency program I participate in. Its one of the Straight ones. Not sure about style. I'm a huge fan of consistency so no matter what I grab, its the same. May have to trade this one off. Single stage 3lb.

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I discovered that when I put an unmodified disconnector with the polished hammer and polished trigger, it works perfectly, with a tad over 4 lbs. on the pull. But when I use the disconnector that I was using (it was very old and worn down on some edges....I'm guessing that maybe it has seen north of 10,000 rounds in a very short period), BAM - full auto. So, I ditched the disconnector. The hammer and trigger I polished are good to go and the rifle functions normally (one at a time).

For those of you that asked, the Crossfire II is amazing — for sure the nicest piece of glass I own. Although I haven't taken it out past 25 yards yet, I do have a feeling that it will work well with the LR308 build that I'm working on right now.

The new gun feels really good. It's heavy. It will make a good medium range coyote and small game rifle, though. Once I get the good match ammo I ordered online, I'll be doing accuracy tests at 100, 200, and 300 yards.

Pokinfun
- picture of the target is below. The 6th shot didn't hit paper. Also, thank you for the link. I read it.

Defconshooter - Thank you for sending the link. I read the whole thing. Very interesting!

Mr. Ed - I wouldn't have thought of the Dykem, and also, thanks for the tip! I'll get some from my buddy who works in a metal fab shop. I'll DEFINITELY be using only 2 rounds the next time I test out a new trigger that's been slightly modified.

HiredHand - Yes, I did several function tests, and the trigger reset normally. That's why I was so surprised. It felt so nice and much smoother than it was to begin with. I didn't foresee having any problems, especially like the problem I did have. I felt that was a little rash lol – I've polished all of my other triggers in my AR's, as well as a couple of friends. I just went a little overboard with this one. Won't happen again, I assure you.

tomthebaker - I wasn't able to shoot it after the "full-auto" incident. I just went next door and put a couple hundred through my pistol and called it quits...determined to fix this trigger when I got home. I'd like to hear the story about your 1911 going full auto!

IMG_4692.JPG

Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 7.44.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 7.45.02 PM.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom