Polishing or Nickel Plating in OKC or OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know where I could either have a 1911 high polished or nickel plated in OKC preferably? Pros or cons too either? And I have no idea what the plating cost. Would I be crazy at looking at that option? Thank in advance.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know where I could either have a 1911 high polished or nickel plated in OKC preferably? Pros or cons too either? And I have no idea what the plating cost. Would I be crazy at looking at that option? Thank in advance.
A friend has a beautiful high polished smith .357; it is a beauty. He did his himself, I am considering an attempt on my 1006, flitz and perhaps light dremel with polishing balls for the flitz

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive polished several 1911 slides and I used 600 to 1200 grit sandpaper and one floor tile or marble for a very flat surface. They get shiny pretty quick and like a mirror at 1000 grit. Now days you can find 10,000 grit on line. Polish the receiver with a dremel and bit felt polishing insert with Turtle was red compound, then some white automotive compound. Plating seems to pick up scratches very easily but what ever you like is probably the best way to go with it!

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll post some pictures tomorrow. It’s pretty close to being polished now. I just don’t want any imperfections and I’m not sure I’d it’s supposed to be coated with anything after you’re done. I’ve been told you can cerakote clear but i don’t want it to feel rough.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t know if they’re still in business, but there were a couple of guys who were running a plating shop over in Haskell. My dad took some stove parts over to have them nickel plated. Turned out really nice. Biggest thing on bright plating is the polish and prep. You can’t gild a turd if it doesn’t start out shiny on its own.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Metaloy industries Berryville Ar. They used to be in Tulsa back in the 80's Back then it was a dull finish like on a micrometer. Very common on 1911's back in the day number may or may not be correct. 1 870-423-4225

Latest posts

Top Bottom