Poll: Do aliens exist?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do aliens exist?

• Intelligent life exists

Votes: 61 75.3%
  • Non intelligent life exists

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • No alien life exists

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • 50/50 chance ET exists

Votes: 15 18.5%

• Total voters

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I missed hitting the "quote" button, this is in reply to Saltydecimator.

I have no thoughts of liking your response or not, it is your thoughts, and I respect that. What I would question is that from what I know, Christianity in its present form has not been around as such all that long. Christianity makes reference to many things that happened since the beginning of time, but these secrets seem to have been hidden from the Mayans, Egyptians, Budeist, and others for some reason, but they had the same basic core beliefs, at least to me.

Why during those thousands of years of flouring times was Christianity hidden if it was the true only source of the Gods? Additionally I have to wonder, did all those people from eons ago go to Hell because they had never heard of Jesus even though they lived a "Christian" type lifestyle while worshiping their God?

This is my point, and I think you made it also to a certain extent, most religions, what ever they may be or had been try to separate the good and the evil. What they view of what is good and evil and how they try to overcome their interpretation of "evil" becomes a factor, like we have in today's world.

saltydecimator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
p238, by christianity i mean jehovah as source, so judeaism etc pre christ... and remember they were under hte mosaic law. all hte crazy rituals animal sacrifices etc.

theres a phrase in the bible that says ''and it was credited to them as righteousness" meaning they knew buddhism, for example was wrong (if their people practiced that) and somehow (divine) they knew something else was out there. these types of concepts usually go along with missionaries in far off places.... its really tough to fathom all the what ifs, but like i say, romans 1:20. if you can say we are here not by accident then you gotta figure out why/what. and the world isnt perfect, but my current fave phrase is we are waitin on eternity!! all the bs that goes on here on planet earth isnt forever, and its not even a blip on the universal timeline or whatever you wanna call it!! as we know, anyting to do with man is imperfect, and religion thusly, but like i say, christianity is simple. jesus. kinda lke the phrase cleanliness is next to godliness? it just feels right and makes sense. and theres a reason for that. its how we were created....

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I disagree, this thread might not have been hijacked. What if we humans have been planted here in this community garden by multiple Alens. (Gods from the heavens, mentioned in virtually all religions) Tomatoes here, potatos here, okra here, yellow squash here, and corn here.

What if we were supposed to be given the intelligence to go forth and multiply while eradicating our OWN weeds.

Tomatoes have their god, and they do what they are supposed to do, decide good or evil.
Potatos have their god, and they do what they are supposed to do, decide good or evil.
Okra have their god, and they do what they are supposed to do, decide good or evil.
ETC.

Now Tomatoe is trying to tell Potato how he is supposed to DO. What if it does not work for him?

I think what ever God you believe in is OK with me, lets get back to the basics of all the religions, GOOD or EVIL from any religion should be the main thing. Wheather your religion thinks its ok for me to have a beer or not is not a factor with me living in this world should not be a factor from my standpoint.

Look at the crap going on even at football games. My team lost or won, so I want to fight or bash things? Hey, Ford or Chevrolet, want to fight about it? Stupid stuff. Good or Evil? Pretty clear cut, I will sit down and talk about what we might consider gray areas. If you do not like me drinking beer, do not come to my house. Might see you in church Sunday. Well not really, I have ran across way too many hypocrits in that enviroment. I think I will just sit on my deck with my coffee and appreciate what my God has given me the oppurtunity to enjoy.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
p238, by christianity i mean jehovah as source, so judeaism etc pre christ... and remember they were under hte mosaic law. all hte crazy rituals animal sacrifices etc.

Theres a phrase in the bible that says ''and it was credited to them as righteousness" meaning they knew buddhism, for example was wrong (if their people practiced that) and somehow (divine) they knew something else was out there. these types of concepts usually go along with missionaries in far off places.... its really tough to fathom all the what ifs, but like i say, romans 1:20. if you can say we are here not by accident then you gotta figure out why/what. and the world isnt perfect, but my current fave phrase is we are waitin on eternity!! all the bs that goes on here on planet earth isnt forever, and its not even a blip on the universal timeline or whatever you wanna call it!! as we know, anyting to do with man is imperfect, and religion thusly, but like i say, christianity is simple. jesus. kinda lke the phrase cleanliness is next to godliness? it just feels right and makes sense. and theres a reason for that. its how we were created....

I understand what you are saying, understand most of what the Bible says, and think I understand it's intent, but I also have to realize it was written by humans, not long ago as far as humanity's history, and many thousands of years after the fact, based on hearsay, most of the time. Writing about the past is a point of view.

I wonder why the Mayan's had a different viewpoint, never heard of Christianity? Egyptians had a different viewpoint, never heard of Christianity? Buddhist had a different viewpoint, etc.? Christianity and the Bible tell of what might have happened somewhere some time. Sometimes humans have tremendous hindsight. It should be documented somewhere.

Cave drawings 8000 years ago get my attention more than a book written last year. Just me.

If there was only one Alien in the universe that is your God, I wonder why he would allow all the turmoil and bloodshed that has occurred on this planet for all these years? A lot of good people get killed in wars ya know? Why not walk in and say, Here I am, I am the boss, act right or you will be really fired (as in go to Hell) and quit playing these games where I have to live my life as I think is right and have to put up with ass-oles that get a "deferment" to go there later.

When you are closed minded, you might not see everything, keep your mind open.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I saw Billy Graham talking about this on TV. So what he said must be true.

John 3:16 Graham says that "For God so loved this world that he gave his only son".

That isn't what it says in the bible but Billy Graham believes there is life on other planets. He used the word "this" before world and the KJV uses the word "the".

Yes, I saw Billy Graham misquote scriptures on TV many years ago. That will be harder for some people to believe than life out there somewhere.

Well he is protestant and I am not.

Why do you think it is an hypocrisy. Let's catch an alien and ask them about their God. They are more intelligent than we are so we would be foolish if we didn't believe them. How would you explain a being from another planet that believes in God?

I believe that if there is an ultra intelligent life form among us within the universe, I doubt they practice religion.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aliens have visited Earth and have lived among us. Gene Roddenberry was an alien.

They do visit from time to time searching for intelligent life, they observe DC and have determined their is NO intelligent life here. They will reveal themselves to us when sufficient intelligence can be found.

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your fundamental flaw lies in your first two sentences. You are assuming most ppl, if not all, believe in some type of god. I believe in a god (a lot of folks don't), but there has to be more. My tiny brain can't fathom omnipresence.

In the beginning, I believe most people believed in a God as they understood that term. Science has now proved everything in the universe is connected on the subatomic level.

Lets take the Christian creation story for example. In the beginning there was God who spoke the universe into existence from nothing. That means everything in creation, for a Christian view, is part of God since his/her/its energy created it. Another perspective is when at first there was just God/source, whatever you want to call it, there is no way for it to know itself since there is nothing else. Its only property is to exist. In my view, this is the reason for creation. Through our experiences, God can come to know itself through our interactions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom