Poll: Marijuana Law Reform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you support allowing physician-authorized patients to consume therapeutic cannabis

• yes

Votes: 278 79.7%
  • no

Votes: 71 20.3%

• Total voters

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I have posted many times when the same old tired argument comes up, would not bother me in the slightest.

I always try to avoid the weekly "out the stoners" thread... (looking at Rickn) for someone who claims to love feeding to say that they wouldn't be bothered by a government BAN on alcohol absolutely blows my mind and warrents comment. Any logical argument not based on "morality" one could make to ban alcohol (deaths, cost to tax payers, healthcare costs, etc) are the exact same arguments one could use to ban guns, high fructose corn syrup, caffeine, nicotine etc...

Taking away freedoms is a slippery slope, I'm shocked that you would be passive if the government tried to ban a product millions of people safely enjoy. (I remember you being all in a tiff about Bloomberg's attempted soda ban) ...And I'm just talking about alcohol here...nevermind cannabis's relative safety to alcohol...or guns for that matter.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always try to avoid the weekly "out the stoners" thread... (looking at Rickn) for someone who claims to love feeding to say that they wouldn't be bothered by a government BAN on alcohol absolutely blows my mind and warrents comment. Any logical argument not based on "morality" one could make to ban alcohol (deaths, cost to tax payers, healthcare costs, etc) are the exact same arguments one could use to ban guns, high fructose corn syrup, caffeine, nicotine etc...

Taking away freedoms is a slippery slope, I'm shocked that you would be passive if the government tried to ban a product millions of people safely enjoy. (I remember you being all in a tiff about Bloomberg's attempted soda ban) ...And I'm just talking about alcohol here...nevermind cannabis's relative safety to alcohol...or guns for that matter.

Real simple boys and girls, as I have posted before I come from a family of alcoholics and junkies, In fact most of my family are one or the other, if not both. I have seen first hand what they can do. Keep crying, your not changing my mind.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Real simple boys and girls, as I have posted before I come from a family of alcoholics and junkies, In fact most of my family are one or the other, if not both. I have seen first hand what they can do. Keep crying, your not changing my mind.

Why do you place the blame on the substance rather than the abuser?

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drug prohibition shares the same flaw as any across-the-board prohibition or restriction on ANYTHING -- it is over-broad. It may prevent some people from harming others, but it prevents a lot of people from doing things that harm no one. A much more just approach is to only prohibit the specific acts that constitute harm to others, or a threat to the rights of others, and otherwise leave people free to pursue happiness in whatever way they choose.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Drug prohibition shares the same flaw as any across-the-board prohibition or restriction on ANYTHING -- it is over-broad. It may prevent some people from harming others, but it prevents a lot of people from doing things that harm no one. A much more just approach is to only prohibit the specific acts that constitute harm to others, or a threat to the rights of others, and otherwise leave people free to pursue happiness in whatever way they choose.

http://www.drugsense.org/mcwilliams/www.mcwilliams.com/books/books/aint/toc0.htm

Latest posts

Top Bottom