Poll: Marijuana Law Reform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you support allowing physician-authorized patients to consume therapeutic cannabis

• yes

Votes: 278 79.7%
  • no

Votes: 71 20.3%

• Total voters

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I support it. Cannabis and HEMP can help our country greatly. I say we trade alcohol for cannabis..lol
I'm not a strong supporter of alcohol consumption though.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm for marijuana reform in Oklahoma, but legalization will have to come from the federal level to avoid all the jurisdiction issues we currently have with some states legalizing dope, but the feds still enforcing their ban. I voted yes on the doctor thing, but that system will just promote a lot of fraud and quackery. I'm familiar with the effects of cannabis, but as GW Bush said "I can pass the 30 year test".

Cedar Creek

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm for marijuana reform in Oklahoma, but legalization will have to come from the federal level to avoid all the jurisdiction issues we currently have with some states legalizing dope, but the feds still enforcing their ban. I voted yes on the doctor thing, but that system will just promote a lot of fraud and quackery. I'm familiar with the effects of cannabis, but as GW Bush said "I can pass the 30 year test".

Cedar Creek

"Attorney General Eric Holder, in a conference call Thursday morning, notified the governors of Colorado and Washington that the department, for now, will not seek to pre-empt those states' laws, which followed voters' approval of ballot measures that legalized recreational marijuana use."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/29/politics/holder-marijuana-laws/index.html

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For all the legalize it crowd how would you feel if THC/other active ingredients were put in a pill form that was legal to prescribe, however smoking and possession were still illegal?

I do think that most of the legalize marijuana crowd is disillusioned. The U.S. is not going to legalized it and let everyone grow and smoke as much as they want. It will be legalized to a point. There will be so many restrictions on who and where it can be grown that only big pharmaceutical and tobacco companies will be able to grow more than one plant at a time. To use alcohol as an example you can make your own beer, however make too much or make moonshine and the government will put you out of business. Anyone who thinks the government will not regulate the average citizen from growing marijuana has not been paying attention. All the small businesses that have popped up in states that legalized marijuana will be put out of business. The end result will not be what groups such as NORML want it will in some ways be far worse than it is now. Oh and for those who forgot at one point in time tobacco was though of very similarly to how marijuana is seen today.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For all the legalize it crowd how would you feel if THC/other active ingredients were put in a pill form that was legal to prescribe, however smoking and possession were still illegal?

I do think that most of the legalize marijuana crowd is disillusioned. The U.S. is not going to legalized it and let everyone grow and smoke as much as they want. It will be legalized to a point. There will be so many restrictions on who and where it can be grown that only big pharmaceutical and tobacco companies will be able to grow more than one plant at a time. To use alcohol as an example you can make your own beer, however make too much or make moonshine and the government will put you out of business. Anyone who thinks the government will not regulate the average citizen from growing marijuana has not been paying attention. All the small businesses that have popped up in states that legalized marijuana will be put out of business. The end result will not be what groups such as NORML want it will in some ways be far worse than it is now. Oh and for those who forgot at one point in time tobacco was though of very similarly to how marijuana is seen today.

Where did you get your facts?

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I didn't vote. I'm of the opinion government has long ago far exceeded its power in dictating the events in my life. None of the issues that Big Brother deems important (in my life) are any of Big Brother's business.

Let the Feds take care of Feds stuff. Fight our wars when we're attacked. Control the borders and deport the invaders.

(If we trimmed away all the govt stuff that's none of their business, and limited them to the stuff that is [their business], the freeloaders in Congress and the White House could all go to part-time. Which, is about what they're doing anyway. They just get paid for full-time, that's all.)

But whether or not I smoke pot (I don't, btw) is none of their business.

And when did we cede them the power to tell us what kind of guns we can own?

It's none of their business.

I can't own any machine gun manufactured after 1986. Reagan must have owned a bunch of machine guns he was looking to make a profit on, when he signed that one. Absurd.

So now I get to pay $5,000, $20,000, for a machine that has maybe $200 worth of material in it? Absurd.

Latest posts

Top Bottom