Poll: Marijuana Law Reform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you support allowing physician-authorized patients to consume therapeutic cannabis

• yes

Votes: 278 79.7%
  • no

Votes: 71 20.3%

• Total voters

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The AMA's policy, edited to illustrate the essential argument:

"I'ts dangerous, therefore it's a public concern, therefore people should be threatened with force for it."

Sounds very familiar to me. Since you seem to agree with this statement Rick, let me ask you, how is this sort of reasoning compatible with a free society?

Are drugs sui generis, or are there other things you apply this same line of reasoning to as well?

Oh gee, that strawman again???? If you can not tell the difference between firearms and drugs, you should not be allowed either.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh gee, that strawman again???? If you can not tell the difference between firearms and drugs, you should not be allowed either.

BS! .. that post was right on topic .. what do you call it when folks are jailed for simple possession of pot? what do you call it when a swat team executes a search warrant for pot?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BS! .. that post was right on topic .. what do you call it when folks are jailed for simple possession of pot? what do you call it when a swat team executes a search warrant for pot?

Shoot... what about asset forfeitures without convictions (and even with acquittals)?

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BS! . what do you call it when folks are jailed for simple possession of pot? what do you call it when a swat team executes a search warrant for pot?

Consequences for poor choices?

Dont like the law get it changed, until you succeed you have to understand
If your caught its not gonna be a pleasant experience.

Im seriously on the fence about all this. But I love to drive fast, and if im caught I know its gonna cost me. Its just that simple

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

SWAT teams have executed raids on search warrants that are based on anonymous tips with no verification.

All you really have to do to get raided is piss someone off. As recently as August in Arlington, TX, a sustainability commune was raided by a SWAT team on a warrant based on an anonymous tip that they might be growing weed among all that tall grass and those tomato plants. If you sell unpasteurized milk, the federales will show up in SWAT gear. Navarette v. California is currently before the SCOTUS to determine whether or not a traffic stop can be made solely on a tip.

Driving fast isn't criminalized (in most cases), and thus is not a valid comparison to personal marijuana possession and cultivation. It's simply a citation with a tax fine. Some of us figure up how long and how fast they have to drive to come out ahead of the increased fuel consumption, tire wear, and potential speeding tax fine. (These folks tend to know LE density trends, too.)

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Dont like the law get it changed, until you succeed you have to understand
If your caught its not gonna be a pleasant experience.

Im seriously on the fence about all this. But I love to drive fast, and if im caught I know its gonna cost me. Its just that simple

BINGO!!!!! You break the law, you deal with it. You do not like the law, you work to get it changed but do not expect everyone to agree. And those swat teams will execute a search warrant for illegal guns too. Face it folks, you abuse anything made by man or God, and you stand a chance of getting into trouble.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely dont agree with some of the tactics veg. But if you know something is illegal and you do it anyway I cant understand the logic behind complaining you got arrested.

Would taxes be a better comparison? I think I pay to much, but if I dont pay it theyll arrest me and seize my property. And they have swat teams too..

Marij is a choice, a known risk. The consequences are well known. My statement is simply choose wisely.

Latest posts

Top Bottom