Polymer ARs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
That lower is only 1.3 oz lighter than a standard milspec complete lower so your daughter is not going to notice the difference, in just the lower itself. Any perceived drop in weight is going to be the total package. Light barrel, poly upper and light weight BCG as well.

I would be more inclined to do a LW upper since a regular weight lower is rarely an issue because the weight is in the back end.

The TN Arms poly lower I used is 3 oz lighter than a standard forged lower. It has a brass insert for both the buffer tube, and the pistol grip screw. The NFA poly lower is even lighter than that.

Check out my LW build thread for ideas. @MCVetSteve if you want to bounce some ideas for reduced weight feel free to PM me, or post in my thread too. I'd be glad to help you configure that AR for your daughter.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The TN Arms poly lower I used is 3 oz lighter than a standard forged lower. It has a brass insert for both the buffer tube, and the pistol grip screw. The NFA poly lower is even lighter than that.

Check out my LW build thread for ideas. @MCVetSteve if you want to bounce some ideas for reduced weight feel free to PM me, or post in my thread too. I'd be glad to help you configure that AR for your daughter.
I was going by the weight listed on TN arms web site. 1.95lb for a complete lower. Worked out to 1.3oz lighter than a standard milspec complete lower

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
LowerComp.jpg

NFA poly on the left, F&D forged 7075 lower middle, TN Arms Co poly on the right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom