Ponca City/Newkirk flooding rains

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victor3ranger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So far everything looks ok here. The creeks are out of the banks but the only rivers that seem to be really rockin are the salt fork and salt creek, might be more.
The tornado warning I think just ended up being a warning, haven't heard anything about one touching down.
I guess we need to get ready for round 3 today.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No damage, tornado was only doppler spotted and the strong part of the storm fizzled out and headed north. We had a crap load of rain and all the small rivers and creeks are flooded especially along old highway 60 and highway 60.

J

Jckellison

Just got back from the lake, it's still spilling over. The kiddie ponds are spewing like brown rapids, it's pretty awesome. Just hope this doesn't affect the fishing too negatively.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm fine. Channel 4 said we got 8 to 11 inches. Many streets in town flooded during the storm. We are going to get more tonight they say. I have a 1960 fallout shelter for a hidie hole. I wish it was closer to the house. It's about 50 yds away and down a hill.

Latest posts

Top Bottom