Portable Reloading station ideas.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

Footballkckr7

Hi everyone,
I am very new to OSA and this is my first ever post. I am also very new to shooting. Going basically on my second year. I am looking to start reloading pistol and rifle ammunition in the near future but I need it to be a portable work station as I don't have a garage to work with. I have seen a few ideas floating around from googling it, but none where a person can sit down and comfortably work. Anyone have any experience with this and/or have pictures of their own set up? Thanks in advance. God Bless,
Dustin

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I own three presses. MEC shotgun. RCBS for bottleneck cartridges. Dillon Square Deal for straight wall cases.

I use a Black and Decker Workmate as a stand. The presses I attach to a wood 2 by plank, then tighten into the Workmate. When I'm done the Workmate folds up.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a super simple setup. I had a Lee single stage and a turret press mounted on a small piece of plywood. I would drag it in from the garage, clamp it to the coffee table with C-clamps and load away while watching TV.

The International Code of Bachelorhood handbook said this was ok.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After decades of reloading, I still use 2 layers of 3/4" MDF glued and screwed together (About 2'x3') as a portable reloading surface. I put countersunk bolts with washers from the bottom, that way I can attach the press and clamp the whole mess to our kitchen table, bar or shop bench when needed. I welded up stands for powder measures that screw to the surface. Everything's in the same place each time.

When done with a batch or load development, everything gets broken down and stored in an old footlocker and a plastic tub. Out of the way, clean and dry. Good for me when I moved frequently (Army) and now, having a herd of kids that get into everything.

Simple, inexpensive and effective.

Latest posts

Top Bottom