Post 'em

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a 140 lb. 4 point that I shot with my wife's crossbow at 42 yds.. As you can tell from the entrance wound, I used the wrong crosshair and almost missed him....

Here's an 80 lb. doe I shot with my wife's T/C Contender carbine in 7mm T/CU at 218 yds...

Not very big but, these guys sure do taste good....

Looks like your wife's weaponry has treated you well!

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dennis,

I saw only two small drops of blood from where the deer was standing to where it fell grave yard dead 30 yds. away. I was shocked that the deer died so fast with no major artiery hit....

shootermcgavin,

I hit a limb when using my crossbow and it busted the grip and the lock where the bow is fastened to the frame...

As far as the rifle goes, I was hunting "close" and chose my wife's rifle for it's light weight and portability. My personal rifle was built for shooting deer at extended ranges from 600-1,000 yds. and is NOT designed to hunt from my tree stands....

DAVID

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was shooting Sierra's 160 gr. B.T.-H.P. Game King bullet out of that little 7mm T/CU and my wife shot her first 1/2" 100 yard group with that gun and bullet....

I shoot the 168 grain Sierra Game King HP's from my 06 normally. I've been using the Barnes TTSX this year, as I got 50 to field test and report on.
I've killed a ton of deer in my time, and have not seen another bullet perform the internal destruction that the Sierra bullet produces.
It turns every thing in the innards to jelly. The Barnes Do a great job, poking nice holes and they die. Thats the bottom line.
The BC of the Barnes is superior for long range, and I've put it to the test this year. The Barnes have put down two elk down as well.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Okie....

Dennis - in .30 caliber, I shoot the Sierra 165 gr. B.T.-H.P. Game King bullet out of my 308X444 Improved and out to 400 yds., it'll anything that walks...

When it comes to shooting 400-1,000+ yards, I shoot Hornady's A-MAX bullets. They'll make a nickel size hole going in and a tennis ball size hole going out, even at the longest yardages....

DAVID

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok folks. I have here some shots of the Deer taken from a lease I am on near Sparks, in Lincoln County. One is allegedly a near record nontypical. :) The other is a sad tale but a funny pic.

First, we have Mauricio's big buck! Taken last Saturday. This old brute has some major tines on him. Looks like a mule deer he is so old.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_Deer1.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_Deer2.jpg

Next up we have Dan, "The Man" Stoner. Most of you will remember him as DrTadHusseinWinslow. :) He shot this deer last weekend and tracked it for a bit till it became too dark. The following morning he found this!
img.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_DanDeer.jpg

Them some hungry Coyote, Pigs, Bigfoot, something!

Love the Pajamas!

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice deer guys. DrTad, I hate to see that. In my area, it is nearly a guarantee thing that the yotes will take care of your deer if you leave it over night.

I love seeing this thread grow each year and am always amazed at the size of deer that this wonderful state continues to produce. I also love to see all the first timer and youngster pictures.

Latest posts

Top Bottom