Post your Home Made Pin Tumblers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a lot of new guys here to the reloading and I thought I would bring up this topic again.

Please feel free to tell about your tumbler and post some pictures.

My pin tumbler was made from a treadmill that i got during big trash.. someone stuck it to the curb.
Nodric Track and it had a DC motor in it and rollers at the front a rear and had a small ribbed belt to drive one of the rollers.

I mounted the rollers into an old steel file cabinet and mounted the motor and added duct tape to the powered roller to give my container traction to spin.
I also stuck tape o the container to dampen the harshness and give more traction.

The container is a 2 quart V8 bottle.
My pins are cut from stranded copper wire like 4 gauge THHN.
I clean 1 quart worth of brass in this 2 quart bottle and add lemishine and hot water and about 1/8 teaspoon of dawn or Wash and wax.

This deal pulls less than 2 amps at 12 volts.

Here are a couple pictures.. My 2 year old grandson is helping.
I have the amount of Lemishine I use in my hand and this much will allow me to be finished tumbling in 1 hour.

homemade copper pin tumbler 001.JPG
homemade copper pin tumbler 002.JPG

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are crafty you can build one for less than 2 super sized lunches at a fast food joint.

I have a welder and a drill and many other tools and some skills and only thing I had to purchase for my tumbler was a roll of duct tape.

I even made one from a junk copy machine. The motor was tiny and got kind of hot so I placed some aluminum pieces on it to act as a heat sink.

I gave my neighbor a sewing machine motor and belt I pulled out of a fill ditch and he purchased some steel rod and made himself one.
I did use bearings out of a couple of those harbor freight tires they sell for $4 I had a few laying around that had bat tubes but good bearings.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
If you are crafty you can build one for less than 2 super sized lunches at a fast food joint.

I have a welder and a drill and many other tools and some skills and only thing I had to purchase for my tumbler was a roll of duct tape.

I even made one from a junk copy machine. The motor was tiny and got kind of hot so I placed some aluminum pieces on it to act as a heat sink.

I gave my neighbor a sewing machine motor and belt I pulled out of a fill ditch and he purchased some steel rod and made himself one.
I did use bearings out of a couple of those harbor freight tires they sell for $4 I had a few laying around that had bat tubes but good bearings.

I just got a free treadmill. I think I might try and build one out of it.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice! You went heavy duty on it.
Even added a expanded metal guard. Sweet :)

I have read some people take some water hose and tie it into a knot and toss it into a round tumbler container to add agitation.
Didn't you add lumps in your container?

Latest posts

Top Bottom