PPK/S saftey lever drops when firing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lately, my normally very reliable Interarms PPK/S has had a problem with the saftey lever just dropping down in to the "safe" position when I am firing it at the range. This a new issue; I have had this gun for years and have put several thousand trouble free rounds through it. Any thoughts as to what is causing my safety lever to just drop down and engage itself? This NOT what I want to have happen if I am in need of the gun going bang on subsequent shots!

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
the spring that pushes the detent into place is either broken, or seized up. Is it easier to place it on safe that it used to be?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took it down; cleaned the channel and detent really good and reinstalled the spring and extractor, seems to be "seated" a bit better, but I see what you are saying. It's the spring tension of that spring (extractor spring)against the saftey's (decocker?) detent that holds it in place.

Thanks for the tip; maybe I should just replace all the springs now anyway...I have only replaced the recoil spring in the 15 some-odd-years I have owned this pistol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom