Predator Calls?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see there's a lot of coyote hunters out there.
I'm looking for some advice on what kind of predator calls you guys would recommend for a beginner?

JBarlow

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
mouth or e callers? good place to look allpredatorcalls.com they got it all i like mouth calls more dfficult, my best ones are dan thompson they are hand made pc-1 and 2 are the models i have had many kills on each of them
good luck

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
mouth or e callers? good place to look allpredatorcalls.com they got it all i like mouth calls more dfficult, my best ones are dan thompson they are hand made pc-1 and 2 are the models i have had many kills on each of them
good luck

Those are good calls. I use the Dan Thompson Red Desert Howler all the time. On windy days, taking the mouthpiece out makes a very loud call for long range. Just about any call will call coyotes. The sound is not really that important. Location, location, location is what is important. They have to be there and you have to be situated where you can see them when they do come.

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
if your not afraid to get you hands dirty in the financial world, i recomend the foxpro! i bought one and have killed many yotes and cats off of it!

Madpap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a $100 Johnny Stewart electronic call that does a pretty good job. Is the FoxPro really worth what they cost? I looked at them but the price scared me off. Are they that good?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bells makes a pretty good mouth call. There are several good mouth calls out there. The 2 things I found that will kill a mouth call is the reed freezing up when its freezing from moisture. Dirt and debris getting in it if carried around in your pocket. The fox pro electronic calls are great electronic calls.

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a $100 Johnny Stewart electronic call that does a pretty good job. Is the FoxPro really worth what they cost? I looked at them but the price scared me off. Are they that good?

Foxpros are excellent tools, but they are only tools. Won't make you a coyote hunter, just like owning a wrench won't make you a mechanic. I've got to admit, I'm biased toward Foxpro. Have had a 532, FX3, and now use a Scorpion, and was a FP dealer for 2-3 yrs. They also offer the best customer service of any company I've ever done business with. Might want to check out their website gofoxpro.com for re-furbished units. Could save you some money. So to answer you question, yep they're worth it!

Jim

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a JS PM3 for about a year, it called a few coyotes and two cats, just got tired of fooling with the wires. Since I'm trying to get more into this calling game, I finally shelled out the money for a used FX5, gonna try it out tomorrow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom