Prepping is a Waste of Time and Money: Prove Me Wrong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got room on the roof? I'll bring the Blanton's and some TP.

Sure!! I'll take the south side (and 25th) ... You can have the north side (and Brenda) ...

Yes, I know it seems sweet of me that I would "give" you Brenda but that is the name of the street ... Hahaha! Oh man I crack myself up sometimes! 🤣🤣🤣

🤷😁

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
😂😂😂 I was referring to the groups that prep to be able to attack other preppers for their preps.
Golly I wasn't prepared to type prep so many many times in a such a short sentence, guess I wasn't prepared😂😂
Heck, a werewolf apocalypse would be fun! It would also be expensive with silver at $25.43 per ounce. At the Tulsa gun show saw 9mm silver ammunition, it was fully functional, only $113 per round. Unfortunately they did not have silver .22 LR...

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck, a werewolf apocalypse would be fun! It would also be expensive with silver at $25.43 per ounce. At the Tulsa gun show saw 9mm silver ammunition, it was fully functional, only $113 per round. Unfortunately they did not have silver .22 LR...

😱😱 No silver .22?? Damn ... That's awful ... 😢

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess we need to start a silver casting chat. Or just empty out some shotgun shells and fill with mall kiosk bling bling chains.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cast your own
IMG_20230424_181104396.jpg

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not sure prepping is a total waste, back when i was a kid we would put up all or most of our winter's groceries every fall. drying, canning, freezing etc. put by most everything. mom wouldn't can meat because we had freezer but grandma and aunts would. that was prepping just like it is today, sure was nice to have those groceries laid by

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you really think the people in DC now are as smart as in the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's? The don't care or are too stupid to care about the dollar and it's standing as a world reserve currency. Yes, you are right that because of an asteroid's orbit we may not see it, but it's a threat and they really don't want to fund that type of research. I'd like to think our politicians are smart, especially military and executive leaders, but they haven't demonstrated any sign of intelligence. If they are smart than it is over, they know what they are doing and it is destroying our Republic.
I remember my Father and Grandfather both decrying about the stupidity of our government and politicians in general and each lamenting how the sitting government in THEIR respective times was so much better than the 'current' one (at that time) 🤣🤣

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember my Father and Grandfather both decrying about the stupidity of our government and politicians in general and each lamenting how the sitting government in THEIR respective times was so much better than the 'current' one (at that time) 🤣🤣
Back in the 50's and 60's the gov't had plans that actually helped civilians if the worst happened, like CD Fallout and Bomb Shelters and our National highway system. The shelters were equiped with the best equipment available at the time, food, water, medical equipment, geiger counters (10's of thousands) and booklets with good information that may just keep one alive. The last Geiger counters issued for CD was back in 1977 (only 700 and are extremely collectable.) Now in a nuclear attack it's we'll alert you on smartphone, shelter in place (assuming EMP hasn't killed your phone and there are buildings left that you can shelter in.) Here's another example, the traditional 90 volt phone systems were designed to work for a minimum of 8 hours on backup batteries at hardened POP centers and survive emp. Now everyone offers VOIP phone service even if you don't want it, and do you really think they would survive a computer virus attack or emp of any magnitude? Do you really think they handled Covid well? Polio and Cholera were handled better with old school medical tech. Sorry @Chuckie, you won't convince me that they are as smart. If they are as smart as back then they are incredibly evil which bodes even worse for us.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the 50's and 60's the gov't had plans that actually helped civilians if the worst happened, like CD Fallout and Bomb Shelters and our National highway system. The shelters were equiped with the best equipment available at the time, food, water, medical equipment, geiger counters (10's of thousands) and booklets with good information that may just keep one alive. The last Geiger counters issued for CD was back in 1977 (only 700 and are extremely collectable.) Now in a nuclear attack it's we'll alert you on smartphone, shelter in place (assuming EMP hasn't killed your phone and there are buildings left that you can shelter in.) Here's another example, the traditional 90 volt phone systems were designed to work for a minimum of 8 hours on backup batteries at hardened POP centers and survive emp. Now everyone offers VOIP phone service even if you don't want it, and do you really think they would survive a computer virus attack or emp of any magnitude? Do you really think they handled Covid well? Polio and Cholera were handled better with old school medical tech. Sorry @Chuckie, you won't convince me that they are as smart. If they are as smart as back then they are incredibly evil which bodes even worse for us.
Oh, my comment wasn't about .gov 'smartness' but that every generation seems to have said the same thing, that 'the current batch of politicians and .gov employees suck', and that only the past ones knew how to take care of anything worth taking care of :laugh6:

Latest posts

Top Bottom