Prepping is a Waste of Time and Money: Prove Me Wrong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Staying safe from fallout is about keeping radioactive dust/ash off of you which can, for the most part, simply be brushed or washed off, it's not about radiation itself which you cannot get away from. The whole idea is to minimize the amount of radiation absorbed by ensuring that you are not covered in radioactive materials.
Einsteinium and Fermium were discovered after the first hydrogen bomb was detonated in the fallout. Much more radioactive than Cobalt 60. Much of the fallout from a fission device emits hazardous levels of radiation but not necessarily lethal. A Fusion device transmutes everything to radioactive isotopes. The problem is collect enough fallout in one place and yes, one can receive a fatal dose. Yes, chemical and contamination can be mitigated with barriers of waterproof clothing. However if fallout accumulates in one place you can get a fatal dose of just radiation.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Think about the fact that "the stupidity of our politicians" have kept us out of nuclear war for almost 80 years (since 1945), there has been no major or widespread biological events in our country (Google biological terrorist attacks), and most chemical spills have been relatively minor. An asteroid as it 'comes out of the sun' not being spotted because of the intense sunlight has nothing to do with stupidity, politicians, or a 'new breed' of scientists. Compared to many other countries in this world we in the United States thankfully live a safely sheltered and mundane existence.
Do you really think the people in DC now are as smart as in the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's? The don't care or are too stupid to care about the dollar and it's standing as a world reserve currency. Yes, you are right that because of an asteroid's orbit we may not see it, but it's a threat and they really don't want to fund that type of research. I'd like to think our politicians are smart, especially military and executive leaders, but they haven't demonstrated any sign of intelligence. If they are smart than it is over, they know what they are doing and it is destroying our Republic.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is actually a group of "Werewolf" preppers in Oklahoma. They have more money than brains but they do pay for some pretty good(on paper anyway) training. Had the displeasure of meeting one of their " Commanding officers". They claim to follow Bushido but they also plan on raiding people for supplies.
Disclaimer I understand you were making a joke(I hope) the comment made me think of them though.
I'd take a werewolf apocalypse over nuclear any day!

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd take a werewolf apocalypse over nuclear any day!
😂😂😂 I was referring to the groups that prep to be able to attack other preppers for their preps.
Golly I wasn't prepared to type prep so many many times in a such a short sentence, guess I wasn't prepared😂😂

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best prepping starts with being in shape and not being fat.

If you cant walk a few miles with a pack and then have to exert yourself at the end of the hike, then you arent really prepping.

And so I'm ****ed. I can barely lift a 20 pack of Pepsi, thanks to the neighbor's tree. I'll just do what I've always planned to do -- climb up on the roof with my rifle and take potshots at the zombies staggering up and down the street. 🤷 I can at least get an AR and a handful of mags up the ladder. Oh ... And my bottle of Macallan ... 😁😇🤗 What a way to go, huh? 😉

Nroybal

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
And so I'm ****ed. I can barely lift a 20 pack of Pepsi, thanks to the neighbor's tree. I'll just do what I've always planned to do -- climb up on the roof with my rifle and take potshots at the zombies staggering up and down the street. 🤷 I can at least get an AR and a handful of mags up the ladder. Oh ... And my bottle of Macallan ... 😁😇🤗 What a way to go, huh? 😉
Sounds legit.

Nroybal

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got room on the roof? I'll bring the Blanton's and some TP.

Latest posts

Top Bottom