Prepping is a Waste of Time and Money: Prove Me Wrong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everything I have heard, read or seen is "bug out quickly if possible." Compound that with fallout and you may be better in your house if it is relatively airtight (assuming no damage from the initial blast) and you have 8 or 10 feet of space between you and the outside. Fallout and radioisotopes tend to "stick" to stuff. If you are outside you no longer have that "bubble" around you and you hopefully are in anti-contamination clothing that is removable and fallout doesn't stick to as easily (with respirators of course.) If you are exposed, no scrubbing (thank movies for that myth) all you will do is abrade the skin and contaminate yourself further. All this of course is moot depending if the weapon was fission, fusion, yield and what designed for. A fusion bomb encased in cobalt (whose to say their are non in inventory) are the worst, even with an airspace of 10 feet Cobalt 60 is so radioactive game over. Fission airbursts are "cleanest" groundbursts with fusion weapons the dirtiest (neutron activation of soil and buildings.)

So is prepping a waste of time and money? Hence the debate.
Staying safe from fallout is about keeping radioactive dust/ash off of you which can, for the most part, simply be brushed or washed off, it's not about radiation itself which you cannot get away from. The whole idea is to minimize the amount of radiation absorbed by ensuring that you are not covered in radioactive materials.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately due to the stupidity of our politicians nuclear probably ranks up there with weather events. Chemical localized, biological has happened, again due to the stupidity of our elected representatives. Asteroid? I have no faith in the new breed of scientists and their ability to "see" it in time to avoid it. The real apocalypse is that of stupidity, we are living the movie "Idiocracy."
Think about the fact that "the stupidity of our politicians" have kept us out of nuclear war for almost 80 years (since 1945), there has been no major or widespread biological events in our country (Google biological terrorist attacks), and most chemical spills have been relatively minor. An asteroid as it 'comes out of the sun' not being spotted because of the intense sunlight has nothing to do with stupidity, politicians, or a 'new breed' of scientists. Compared to many other countries in this world we in the United States thankfully live a safely sheltered and mundane existence.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like preppers...I know where to get my resupplies, lol
Just a little hint that may help you, my friend. Bodies stacked like cordwood outside of someones house after a major 'event' probably means that this is not a good place to try and steal supplies - just sayin'

Getintouch98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a little hint that may help you, my friend. Bodies stacked like cordwood outside of someones house after a major 'event' probably means that this is not a good place to try and steal supplies - just sayin'
A good prepper should have enough security and privacy to not draw attention. And if they do at least bury the bodies. Diseases start with dead bodies left out in the sun.

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like preppers...I know where to get my resupplies, lol
There is actually a group of "Werewolf" preppers in Oklahoma. They have more money than brains but they do pay for some pretty good(on paper anyway) training. Had the displeasure of meeting one of their " Commanding officers". They claim to follow Bushido but they also plan on raiding people for supplies.
Disclaimer I understand you were making a joke(I hope) the comment made me think of them though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom