price of ARs at this weekends gun show?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OlfarmBoy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats not really bad , considering the others were 2-3 times price a couple weeks ago......Good for you

Nope not at all. Very happy happy happy! Folks honestly Marks had the best prices at the show. Make sure to stop by his booth. He is always super busy, but he has always treated me right and that's why I keep coming back.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be looking for more ammo - not because I need it, but because I'm one of those ******* hoarders. It's what I do.

once you've got xxx rounds ... forget about hoarding more ammo. make sure you've got plenty of reloading gear/supplies.

and yes, if you've not stocked up already, trying to lay in supplies now is a loosing scenario...

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find this thread very interesting and enlightening. How many here are preppers, or talk of being somewhat prepared for at least a small disaster situation (food, water, power, etc.)? I find it hard to believe that during a time of relative plenty, few of you guys bought any amount of ammo. An election loomed where a possibe gun-grabber could be re-elected without the restraints of playing political nice guy with the 2nd Amendement, an election where people warned of gun bans, etc. - and no one acted. I find it hard to feel sorry for anyone clamoring for ammo, mags, or rifles, after all of the writing on the wall. I'm not trying to be an ass - I'm just trying to understand. This is the firearms example of prepping, and many failed. Too many. This very thread is a prefect example of the foolishness of waiting until the 11th hour to try and get what you may need or want. Too many are too late, when they had ample opportunity (and forewarning) that it was coming. This is what might happen with food, water, etc., in the future if something happens. Only then, desperate people won't be bitching about prices.....

I'll be looking for more ammo - not because I need it, but because I'm one of those ******* hoarders. It's what I do.

I agree with you to an extent... but there are many who HAVE prepared, but the problem is, when you're looking at a potential FOREVER ban on things, it NEVER will seem like enough.

For my part, I saw this a long time ago coming, and did some things to stock up. Currently sitting on my single completed AR and 5 stripped lowers I bought a year or so ago for a phenomenal price then. The lowers are the part I was most worried about... I think getting the other pieces will still be possible even after any new ban.

As for ammo, I have currently around 7500 rounds of the things I own guns for, and about 1500 or so total of .223. I would like to get into reloading, but never had the time or space to get things set up... yet. Will def be looking into it, though.

Zepp777

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly don't bother. If there's anyone there asking a good price, chances are it'll be gone in minutes. Now is not the time to get into ARs unfortunately.

Aikido73

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll throw in a little on King's. I bought 1 and only 1 gun from them. The owner Mr. Ponytail (don't know his name) is a dick tater. Not only does he talk to others wives poorly I witnessed him treating his wife and I think son like they were slaves. That's why I won't be back.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
once you've got xxx rounds ... forget about hoarding more ammo. make sure you've got plenty of reloading gear/supplies.

and yes, if you've not stocked up already, trying to lay in supplies now is a loosing scenario...

Already pretty good there, too. Could use some more primers and projectiles, but all in all I'm OK. It's the 7.62x39 that concerns me, as the cheap imports are what makes them so fun. Ban importation of it, and all that will be left is commercial domestic production, and it will be about as cost-effective as domestic commercial 7.62x51. So I'll be looking at hoarding more of that, and .22lr (which I've got a pretty good stash of too). Can't ever have enough, though. Been adding inventory for the last few years, but if I can score more, I'll stack it nice and deep.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Already pretty good there, too. Could use some more primers and projectiles, but all in all I'm OK. It's the 7.62x39 that concerns me, as the cheap imports are what makes them so fun. Ban importation of it, and all that will be left is commercial domestic production, and it will be about as cost-effective as domestic commercial 7.62x51. So I'll be looking at hoarding more of that, and .22lr (which I've got a pretty good stash of too). Can't ever have enough, though. Been adding inventory for the last few years, but if I can score more, I'll stack it nice and deep.

lead casting equipment with a hundred lb of wheel weights will go a long ways... have purchased exactly zero during this latest frenzy. although it's hard to have too much .22LR. that I'd still stick some more back ....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom