Pricing a land lease?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me and my grandfather have decided to lease out half of our deer hunting property in Hughes county. It is in Holdenville just outside of Spaulding. Off of Spaulding Rd. The entire area surrounding for miles is private leased land also.
South of Tate Mountain, west of Potato Hill. There are much deer in the area.

It has 5 or so ponds, creeks, hills, alot of thick brush and a few trails. Just not much large open field area. The are deer, turkey, yotes, & bobcats. I haven't seen any hogs. Which is just fine by me.

We are "seriously thinking about" leasing HALF of the 160 acres out there for deer hunting. What I need help with is a price on it.
We want to give a fair price but we don't want to be the bargain of the state.

How does one come up with a price? What would you pay?

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most leases I have seen look to be around 500 per hunter per 40 acres, most leases in the 80 acre size are going for 2 guns and 1000 dollars

If you haven't noticed I am looking for a lease for myself with year round access to maintain on site stands, feeders and trail cams, take my son and wife camping and take a deer or 2 every year and have a place to go plinking when we are camping, so if you're interested in taking 500 bones for a years access give me a shout I might be interested. It's a little further from Tulsa than I want to be for the drive but at that price if it is as described I don't think I would pass it up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom