Prime Video Jack Ryan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to the completely fictional Greer character, I've really done some deep thinking about the Muslim faith. I mean, he's a real stand up guy. And if fictional character Greer is a stand up guy, I guess most Muslims are probably stand up guys. Just follows logically. Thanks Jack Ryan.

All that said, its a pretty good show, imo.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have known and worked with Muslims for decades, never an issue with most of them. Some have a mental issue and believe they have to cleanse the world. I have met Christians who are the same.

I remember a story from years ago. No idea if it is true but I was in a sandbox at the time. A platoon of Marines cleared out taliban fighters from a village which was rather isolated. They had almost no outside contact and lived as hundreds of years ago. They were thankful to the Marines and offered hospitality which was exchanged. As the story goes, a villager saw a Marine relieving himself. The village had only ever seen paper used for religious purposes so the villager believed the Marine was committing a blasphemy. As the story goes on the villager (read taliban) convinced the village of the Marines as blasphemous and they commenced to stoning the Marines who retreated without returning a shot.

Minds without an education will believe what they are told. They are easier to warp, manage, guide, and be told they are happy. Examples? Look at the state of education and the events in our society right now.

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We just finished the 3 seasons of Jack Ryan and enjoyed it, Greer being a Muslim made me cringe a bit but I got over it...
Yesterday we watched all but two episodes of Reacher, it was good fun!

Latest posts

Top Bottom