Proud of Oklahoma Folks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watching coverage of hurricane and activities in New Orleans, and cannot help but compare to the way folks around OK acted during and after the fires last month. When told to evacuate, virtually all did, and when it was over, there was no crying for government help, just good people helping others in need.

I am very glad to be living here!

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Paquimine parish always floods, and is usually one of the first to be placed under mandatory evacuations, there were about 100 people too stupid to head the warnings, didn't we have a person or 2 just on this board that were told to evacuate during the fires and didn't?

New Orleans itself was not placed under an evacuation order other than some blown out windows no major problems i the city. Just spoke to a friend of mine down there who is a general contractor. A couple of my friends who live in the quarter itself have been posting on Facebook

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Paquimine parish always floods, and is usually one of the first to be placed under mandatory evacuations, there were about 100 people too stupid to head the warnings, didn't we have a person or 2 just on this board that were told to evacuate during the fires and didn't?

New Orleans itself was not placed under an evacuation order other than some blown out windows no major problems i the city. Just spoke to a friend of mine down there who is a general contractor. A couple of my friends who live in the quarter itself have been posting on Facebook

That would be me. But ya had to be there, kinda walk in my shoes type a thing. Evacuation zones and egress roads form borders. My house and road was a border.

Latest posts

Top Bottom