PULLED CARD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pulled my cards today. What has been my best spot has nothing but does and yearling bucks.
My little 22 acre spot in the middle of the section has the same 4 does coming in and a group of 5 bucks. None shooters. The 6th buck is promising for next year.
35b9b69834d21d2b54fc5f80001b27e3.jpg

3281980cadf1b173f4cca2d3b26c8271.jpg

6c3457e1d62060d2facf111765d2e6c2.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis your going to have a bunch of shooters in a couple years. I bet sooner or later a shooter going to show up
A shooter will show, but with only 4 does on 22 acres along with these bucks when early rut starts at the start of Mz season, the little bucks pester the does so much they leave the area. The resident bucks follow suit.
Shooter bucks come around, but are only cruisers at night looking for does. Get the occasional 2am pic and thats about it.
October is about the only time there is a chance of getting a good buck.
The nearest tree line from this place is over a mile away, and is only a shelter belt around a corn field.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You must not have any hogs there. On the land that has hogs where we have a feeder, there is nothing but bare ground underneath it.
Our county was the last in the state to have hogs, and they were way South of me on the river. Our habitat is not conducive to hog populations. There is only barbed wire fence between us and the North Pole, and the winds blew the barbs off years ago.........

Latest posts

Top Bottom