Ticks on Deer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know most of y’all haven’t got into the swing of deer season yet, but for those that have cameras out, are you seeing as many ticks on the deer this year as in the past?

I just started paying attention over the last few days, and I’m not seeing near as many. Even with my place being overgrown and unmowed, I have only had a couple ticks get on me which is odd.

I wonder if climate change has had an adverse effect on the tick population?!? :scratch:

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Deer ticks were horrible this spring and early summer. Looking at pictures and the deer in the yard, it does seem to have let up in the last month. My dogs aren't getting them on them either. Seed ticks are a whole other ball game...

Last edited:

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I’ve seen seems pretty much usual. A couple with tons others with very few. Oddly, me and the wife earlier this spring we were finding tics crawling or attached on US daily. The past few weeks NONE. Not sure what changed
Same here. I couldn’t go outside this spring without having ticks on me, but it hasn’t been a problem at all this summer. Of course, I still ask my wife if she wants me to check her for ticks on a nightly basis. The answer is still no every single night, but I think that I’m wearing her down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom