Pulled the deer stands, cameras today..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pulled everything down. Haven't checked the cameras for a couple weeks, got some surprises.

Good little buck, glad he made it thru season.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v644_engrtobe_PIC_0178.jpg

Another good little buck, already dropped one antler.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v644_engrtobe_PIC_0185.jpg

A couple of really young bucks, look like they're weathering well.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v644_engrtobe_IM000177.jpg

Still after this guy and his buddies.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v644_engrtobe_IM000063.jpg

First cat pic since 06, they're sneaky...

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v644_engrtobe_CDY_0029.jpg

Something wrong with this doe in the middle. Have you guys ever seen something like this.? Her conditioning isn't good, looks like she's losing some hair and has a scar down her neck. Look closely in the last 2 pics, her tongue is hanging out. I think she either got hit by a car that did some damage to her jaw, or a poacher slung a bullet and hit her in the head somewhere, but I don't see a wound. A poacher gut shot a fawn a few weeks ago in a wheat field about 400 yards away and left it to rot. Poachers are the lowest form of lifeform. Hope she makes it.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v644_engrtobe_IM000126.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v644_engrtobe_IM000128_1.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v644_engrtobe_IM000127.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The tongue hanging is new to me. I wonder if the camera just caught her licking her lips or something. Hope so anyway.
Over the years I've taken thousands of trail cam pics and the tongue thing is the first.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The tongue hanging is new to me. I wonder if the camera just caught her licking her lips or something. Hope so anyway.
Over the years I've taken thousands of trail cam pics and the tongue thing is the first.

You can see it real good in the bottom pic, if you look close it's in the one above it as well.

I got another pic on another camera that I didn't post, of her walking by. Everything is just a blur, but you can see an area of pink around her mouth, so I'm sure it was hanging out in that one as well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can see it real good in the bottom pic, if you look close it's in the one above it as well.

I got another pic on another camera that I didn't post, of her walking by. Everything is just a blur, but you can see an area of pink around her mouth, so I'm sure it was hanging out in that one as well.

I'm sure thats not a good thing, and hopefully its a mother nature thing, and not a poacher.
Maybe she is just old, and at the end of her career putting out babies for us.
Lets hope that is the case.
Looking at her and her face/profile, she is certainly a mature doe.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Her tongue is hanging much too far to be normal..Somethings bad wrong with this girl. Hopefully she will be ok and if not then I guess that's nature..unless it was a poacher and if that's the case then I hope he chokes on his own tongue someday..

zandroes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the pictures. Good looking deer for next season for sure!
Something is definitely wrong with that one. She doesn't look right. I think she was hit by a car..
Nice looking land too..

BCorbett

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Her tongue is hanging out on all three pictures. I have never seen this before, but I hope she makes it. Seems like she would get frostbite, with all this freezing weather we have been having.

Latest posts

Top Bottom