Puppy update!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First of all, a great big thank you to all of you that have helped so far. Between what we could scrape up and your donations we have gotten them a lot healthier and most of their shots and treatments. They are looking a whole lot better and over the last week have started to put on some weight.

We got them to the vet today for test and the first round of shots. They do not have heart worms but do have hook worms. We got the meds for this and are treating them for the next few days. They go back in a month for the rest of their shots and to be sure the hook worms are gone. If someone wants to adopt before then we will let them bring it back to us for the vet visit if they wish. They are not healthy enough in my opinion to be fixed yet.

The vet says they are about 7 months old and a Lab mix. Both would be great with kids but both are in the chewing stage. Both are house and fly swatter broken. They learned both very quickly.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, Rick. I'm glad to hear they're doing better, and once again, kudos to you for giving them a better chance for a good life!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you, and I have to tell a cute story about them. When I say they are fly swatter broken, I mean it only took two swats on the rear with a fly swatter for them to know they are doing something wrong. Now all you have to do is say No! and pick up the fly swatter for them to know not to do something. The cute part was the other night the wife and I were watching TV with the fly swatter between us on the couch. I happen to look down in time to see that Princess had snuck up to the couch and was trying very gently to get the fly swatter so she could take it off and chew it up.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Because im a dog person ill agree. Now if we were talking about cats id be harsh in my critizism, lol. I saved some birds today, btw. I hate feral animals and people who dump them off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom