Quality AK-47

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Price range is 600-800. Hoping to find one to trade for so I wont have so much cash coming out of pocket. I've seen a lot of Norincos on this site but many years ago I was told they were junk.

you were probably told that before century got into AKs and totally redefined "junk". A lot of people considered them junk as soon as they lost the bayo lug, threaded barrels and pistol grips. At one time I was really put off by it but all in all, they shoot just the same as the $1500+ polytechs and ive even grown to like the butthole stocks. If it bugs you not to have a traditional AK, find you a MAK for $600, then just save up and buy the parts needed for 922r and put it back into preban configuration.

Or find a good used WASR for $600 and call it a day, whatever.

Read through THIS thread, lots of good info.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Norinco is far from junk and whoever said that was definitely uneducated on AK's.
If you don't know any better, take someone with you that does know when you purchase an AK.
You really have to know what to look for like bolt carrier coming out of the rails, trigger pin too low in the receiver, canted sights....try to avoid something MADE by Century, imported by Century IS USUALLY OK.
Also, there is nothing wrong with WASR, just check it over.

Last edited:

UncleBigToe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Century Arms Ak 47/63...... under folder is one of the best quality vs. price points I've used.....there are some fantastic, packed with info articles out on the web you can find....machined in USA receivers too....

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got another ak a few days ago. Paid a little over $600 for a wasr 10. It is a new production rifle and all the parts are numbers matching. It is actually nice for something that cost that little. The front sight is a little to the left but nothing major. Most wouldn't even notice it. The finish isn't great but not bad. And there are some machining marks. But overall it is really nice. Definitely better than what most people say about them. I am sure it will last just as long as my saiga will. With a little work it will run as good as a $1,000+ rifle. I just don't see the sense in paying that much for an ak. They are not meant to be collector guns. They are meant to be used. I am happy I got it. A steal at the current price point.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In addition to the mention of Mak 90's (& 91's), I like NHM 90's & 91's even better. They are very similar, have better thumbhole stocks and, I think, are a little better finished.

Latest posts

Top Bottom