Question about criminal behavior for LEOs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would need to know more information...the act your speaking about is actually common...the criminal has lived out a sexual fantasy of control over another by breaking into the most sacred of sacred a person's home...this is going to sound strange but I would not worry unless underwear was stolen from the house and I'll leave it at that.

I don't know. I will ask the wife if she knows.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would need to know more information...the act your speaking about is actually common...the criminal has lived out a sexual fantasy of control over another by breaking into the most sacred of sacred a person's home...this is going to sound strange but I would not worry unless underwear was stolen from the house and I'll leave it at that.

Got some more info. This is actually the 2nd time her home has been broken into in the past 90 days. On the first occassion some of her "personal" items were taken, but there was no "surprise" left in the bathroom.

I told my wife to tell her to move.

clarkbe9980

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

From all my years of studying sociology and profiling (the good kind) this is pretty right on. I don't want to sound heartless but think of it as a kind of a rape. Some rapists rape because it makes them feel like they have power. The person took control of the home owner by breaking into their house making them feel they have power over the home owner.

My profiling/forensics professor (who is a retired detective) always said "90% of rape occurs above the shoulders not below the waist." I don't even know if this makes sense to anyone that hasn't studied this so I'll try to sum it up:

By breaking into the house the person felt he had power and that got him off. I would recommend moving because people like this tend to escalate their crimes.

Although I am not a LEO I have been studying crime/criminals for 4 years at OSU and I am very involved with law enforcement.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From all my years of studying sociology and profiling (the good kind) this is pretty right on. I don't want to sound heartless but think of it as a kind of a rape. Some rapists rape because it makes them feel like they have power. The person took control of the home owner by breaking into their house making them feel they have power over the home owner.

My profiling/forensics professor (who is a retired detective) always said "90% of rape occurs above the shoulders not below the waist." I don't even know if this makes sense to anyone that hasn't studied this so I'll try to sum it up:

By breaking into the house the person felt he had power and that got him off. I would recommend moving because people like this tend to escalate their crimes.
Although I am not a LEO I have been studying crime/criminals for 4 years at OSU and I am very involved with law enforcement.

Yeah, that's the scary part. I hope she moves.

Thanks for the reply.

Latest posts

Top Bottom