Question about the Classifieds here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not trying to stir up a chit storm. Just curious.

I look at the firearms section and see mostly ads with zero replies. What do you think the reason is?

Nobody's buying?
Prices too high?
We’re all broke?
All the communications bring done via private messaging?
Something else?

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some people like to PM the person and work out a deal in PM only. I get them all the time. When someone prices something cheaper than most stores offer you will know because 12 people will post I'll take it within 15 minutes. So, there's people on there looking all the time, they just won't be typing anything.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just after the Holidays and after the big game seasons not a great time to sell.
If it is a good deal it will sell.

Many deals can be had during holidays for NEW firearms and you can get manufactured mail in rebates around that time also.
Many of us here remember 99 for a 22 revolver was not very long ago and less than a decade ago a Savage Axis during a sale would be $150.

What some of those bring today is ridiculous.
Old farts living on 10 year ago prices.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t really kept up with prices so I don’t if they’re pricing right.

I did try and sell a brand new (never fired) BP recently. Posted it over a month before the season. I bought it on sale and paid s/h + taxes.
I priced it at the sale price minus s/h & taxes and scope I added. Started adding all the stuff I bought for it (well over $100 worth.) seemed like a heck of a deal. Got one offer for $100. Just wrote it all off to nobody hunting BP anymore.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think many are experiencing inflation, trying to make ends meet, pay bills and buy groceries and gas and the working families really aren't getting any pay rises.
Extra money is harder to come by right now.
Firearms and ammo prices aren't getting any cheaper anywhere.
People are reminiscing of the old days but they are long gone as are the prices of the old days.
Everyone wants a deal but with things as tight as they are sellers probably need the money for life

Latest posts

Top Bottom