Question about the Classifieds here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I caught a ban once for "Laugh" reacting to an insane price for a BEAT .22 in the classifieds and then roasting the guy when he DM'ed me. Apparently that is "Harassment" despite the fact that he messaged me first acting silly. These days I usually just stick to "PM incoming" or something if I'm interested and ignore it if I'm not.

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just after the Holidays and after the big game seasons not a great time to sell.
If it is a good deal it will sell.

Many deals can be had during holidays for NEW firearms and you can get manufactured mail in rebates around that time also.
Many of us here remember 99 for a 22 revolver was not very long ago and less than a decade ago a Savage Axis during a sale would be $150.

What some of those bring today is ridiculous.
Old farts living on 10 year ago prices.
I still remember saiga rifles for 350$ ☹️ I miss the good ol days.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I caught a ban once for "Laugh" reacting to an insane price for a BEAT .22 in the classifieds and then roasting the guy when he DM'ed me. Apparently that is "Harassment" despite the fact that he messaged me first acting silly. These days I usually just stick to "PM incoming" or something if I'm interested and ignore it if I'm not.
something similar here. Once got my hand smacked for a comment. Wont do it again.

I think the biggest thing with no comments is the sellers aren't willing to take less than they think it's worth. I've found several sites selling new stuff for less than the pricing listed here. If 'm genuinely interested in owning it, I make an offer. If they wont take it, I buy it from a dealer for cheaper. No harm, no foul.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It might be the new look for the classifieds. I could of sworn the ad's location used to be red in the header, but all of them changed to white background so they blend in with all the rest of the mumbo-jumbo when scrolling the 'new post' tab. At least on my android phone it's that way. I wish it could be switched back.
Screenshot_20240212_182020_Chrome.jpg

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not trying to stir up a chit storm. Just curious.

I look at the firearms section and see mostly ads with zero replies. What do you think the reason is?

Nobody's buying?
Prices too high?
We’re all broke?
All the communications bring done via private messaging?
Something else?
Probably should take advantage of Classifieds before the ATF makes it illegal for individuals to sell firearms. It's coming.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did he tell you why those Marine Dress Blues are so pretty?
His face turned bright red, and veins were popping out in his forehead, and he was saying something but it wasn't coming out to clear.

Perhaps he was commenting on that subject, but there was no way to tell.
Probably should take advantage of Classifieds before the ATF makes it illegal for individuals to sell firearms. It's coming.
They will dang sure try, that's for certain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom