Quilting - Does anyone here in the OKC area do quilting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
The greatest quilted blanket in the world 👇 👇
1695939939321.png

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Time for Snattlerake to learn how to quilt!!! :)

My wife made a huge quilt with pictures from several decades to give to my grandparents on their 50th anniversary.......did I mention it was huge? All I can say is that it got done in time to give to them for their anniversary, and this guy learned how to quilt lol. My fingers weren't the same for about three months, it was worth it though. I actually got pretty good at it. Check that box off the list of things to do once in a lifetime lol.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's quilting, and then there's quilting.... the first quilting is designing and putting together the patchwork, sewing it all up, and that sorta stuff. Then you take it to a quilter, and they put the insulation/whatever its called inside, and sew the design over the entire quilt, adding decoration and securing the inner part in place.

Nicely done. The quilted part that someone makes is called the top. The "insulation" is called batting. The fabric on the back is called the backing. The fabric strip that runs around the edge of the quilt is called the binding. The stitching that holds everything together is the quilting.

SewNSew is good but they are crazy busy. You'll have to check with them if you need it back quick. Same with The Stitching Post.

Prairie Quilt in Hennessy, OK is good, also.

Prairie Quilt - Google Search

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nicely done. The quilted part that someone makes is called the top. The "insulation" is called batting. The fabric on the back is called the backing. The fabric strip that runs around the edge of the quilt is called the binding. The stitching that holds everything together is the quilting.

SewNSew is good but they are crazy busy. You'll have to check with them if you need it back quick. Same with The Stitching Post.

There we go! I just know what I know because my mother in law is a very talented quilter.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Time for Snattlerake to learn how to quilt!!! :)

My wife made a huge quilt with pictures from several decades to give to my grandparents on their 50th anniversary.......did I mention it was huge? All I can say is that it got done in time to give to them for their anniversary, and this guy learned how to quilt lol. My fingers weren't the same for about three months, it was worth it though. I actually got pretty good at it. Check that box off the list of things to do once in a lifetime lol.
Hey, I made the quilting frame she wanted and didn't use. After that, I'm done.

We know all of the B Sew Inn and Joann's offers etc. I was just wondering if anyone on here did it.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thanks. I also know a woman who has a $10K machine down the highway toward Okarche. I watched her put that thing through its' paces then she showed me the automatic mode.

We had a Babylock embroidery machine that was $8K back in the early 2000s. It was a fiasco from the word go.

We had three to four different programs we had to use to just create a design. Each program had their own little quirks and each one saved the design in a different format. What a complete pain in the ass! Windows screwed us so many times with updates that screwed up the communication between the programs. I pulled my hair out trying to work in those programs just for simple little designs. I was so glad when I got an out of town job. What a POS!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. I also know a woman who has a $10K machine down the highway toward Okarche. I watched her put that thing through its' paces then she showed me the automatic mode.

We had a Babylock embroidery machine that was $8K back in the early 2000s. It was a fiasco from the word go.

We had three to four different programs we had to use to just create a design. Each program had their own little quirks and each one saved the design in a different format. What a complete pain in the ass! Windows screwed us so many times with updates that screwed up the communication between the programs. I pulled my hair out trying to work in those programs just for simple little designs. I was so glad when I got an out of town job. What a POS!

Lol ... Yeah those machines are kinda finicky. I'd offer to take it on but I've spend more time in bed with a pillow over my eyes trying to block out the light than I have "out and about" over the last 2 weeks. I dunno what I'm gonna do if this keeps up. 😣

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife of a contractor I deal with in the Kingfisher/Okarche area has a quilting business. I’m not sure exactly what services she offers but she’s got a legit setup I know that. I could holler at him and inquire if ya need

scottstre

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has made a small baby quilt but needs a quilting machine to quilt it. She doesn't have the time to do it herself by hand.

Sooner Quilts

7821 S Sooner Rd
Guthrie, OK 73044
(405) 282-2070

My wife has taken dozens of quilts there over the years. You drop it off then it usually takes them a week or three depending on how many others are in line.

Latest posts

Top Bottom