Quilting - Does anyone here in the OKC area do quilting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife was given a quilting frame and the long arm machine all manual quilting.
I set the frame up and had no idea how to set up the long arm and make it work right.

She goes with her friend that also quilts to another friends house to do quilting and have lunch sometimes.

Yea lots of sewing for sure.

I built something like a quilt when I was 15.
Moore Ok TG&Y going out of business and I bought the royal blue crushed velvet material they had on a roll.
Bought a bed sheet and roll batting.
Laid the sheet out laid batting on top and then the royal blue material on top on the floor of my bedroom and pinned it together and sewed all around the edges with an old Morse sewing machine.

Then i laid strips of masking tape diagonally across the thing and sewed along the edge of 1 side of the tape.
Removed tape and placed masking tape on the other diagonal and started sewing.

Diamond tuft material was born.
I recovered my 66 mustang seats with it and it was awesome.

:)

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife was given a quilting frame and the long arm machine all manual quilting.
I set the frame up and had no idea how to set up the long arm and make it work right.

She goes with her friend that also quilts to another friends house to do quilting and have lunch sometimes.

Yea lots of sewing for sure.

I built something like a quilt when I was 15.
Moore Ok TG&Y going out of business and I bought the royal blue crushed velvet material they had on a roll.
Bought a bed sheet and roll batting.
Laid the sheet out laid batting on top and then the royal blue material on top on the floor of my bedroom and pinned it together and sewed all around the edges with an old Morse sewing machine.

Then i laid strips of masking tape diagonally across the thing and sewed along the edge of 1 side of the tape.
Removed tape and placed masking tape on the other diagonal and started sewing.

Diamond tuft material was born.
I recovered my 66 mustang seats with it and it was awesome.

:)

You'd be surprised how many old woman use the masking tape trick when they want straight-line quilting. Easy peasey, quick and breezy. 🤗

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol ... Yeah those machines are kinda finicky. I'd offer to take it on but I've spend more time in bed with a pillow over my eyes trying to block out the light than I have "out and about" over the last 2 weeks. I dunno what I'm gonna do if this keeps up. 😣
Damn Gurl, I wish I could be comforting to you like come over and hold your hand and rub it and all. I feel I know you well through the years of conversating wit yas but we have never met.

:naughty: :anyone:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know the diamond design is out. I'm sure she wants every panel and duck outlined finishing off with the goose.

Yikes. I'm a lazy quilter. Give me some masking tape and a metal ruler. Plus, too much back and forth and round and round makes me motion sick. I can't play video games either. 10 minutes in and I'm tossing the controller in the corner of the room and running to worship at the Altar of the Porcelain God ... :bigeye::puke::violin:

Latest posts

Top Bottom