Quiver question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airic

Marksman
Reaction score
I've never understood why people take so many arrows hunting with them....I take two arrows most of the time if I'm deer/turkey hunting. The second one is for the rare chance that I get another shot. I dont shoot at any small game or anything else while I'm deer/turkey hunting, my focus is the animal I am hunting.

If I am walking the woods with my bow to shoot at small game ect.. than I would bring 5-6 arrows in a quiver.

This is just from my experience, been bow hunting since I was very young. I would love to hear from other experienced bow-hunters on making multiple shots in an outing.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never understood why people take so many arrows hunting with them....I take two arrows most of the time if I'm deer/turkey hunting. The second one is for the rare chance that I get another shot. I dont shoot at any small game or anything else while I'm deer/turkey hunting, my focus is the animal I am hunting.

If I am walking the woods with my bow to shoot at small game ect.. than I would bring 5-6 arrows in a quiver.

This is just from my experience, been bow hunting since I was very young. I would love to hear from other experienced bow-hunters on making multiple shots in an outing.

I got 4 shots at one doe in my early years of hunting and killed it on the 4th shot. This was over a 1 hr period and the only way I knew it was the same deer was because I had shot low and nicked the back of its leg on one shot and when I found her later, there was that same nick. I don't know why she came back so many times but she did.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I only carry 3 arrows while hunting. I had two shots at a buck once. I missed and then grabbed another and lucked out when he stopped again in range. I have also shot 2 does in the same setting as well. With that said, I like to have 3 because I have never actually needed three arrows but have readily used two.

I am like you as well. I don't shoot at anything other than what I am hunting while I am in the stand

Airic

Marksman
Reaction score
I got 4 shots at one doe in my early years of hunting and killed it on the 4th shot. This was over a 1 hr period and the only way I knew it was the same deer was because I had shot low and nicked the back of its leg on one shot and when I found her later, there was that same nick. I don't know why she came back so many times but she did.

Can I buy everything your using to silence your bow? :thanku:

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine is a bolt on, so it stays on 24/7/365. I used to have a removable and would hang it up once I got on stand. Either way works fine for me. I usually carry 4 BH's, because you just never know.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same reason I carry an extra clip with me for my rifle, rather have too many bullets than not enough. I always have three broadheads and two field points for anything else I might want to shoot at, or maybe just to shoot for practice when I get in the stand if I feel the need. I have gotten multiple shots on quite a few occassions at deer. If they don't spy you in the stand after that first miss, sometimes they will settle down and carry on.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can I buy everything your using to silence your bow? :thanku:

I don't think it was too quiet a bow, just a dumb deer. I have shot 3 deer in one setting with the bow also, which I had forgotten about till another poster mentioned multiple deer. CleanHarry on here shot every arrow in his quiver once at deer, picked them back up and shot a buck with the next shot. Who knows?

Latest posts

Top Bottom