radio tower climb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think that even holds a candle to the 1700ft tower.

For starters, if a good gust of wind blew on that tower, and those guys dropped, it would be a lot longer before anyone got there to scoop up the bodies than it would in the middle of Paris.

For seconds, when that guy is standing at the tip of that radio antenna, there;s a split second there when he grabs for it all of a sudden, and I about pooped there.

For thirds, those morons were just punkazz idiots showing off. The guys that climb the towers do it to put food on the table.

My cahoneys were in my throat on that one!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Newest fall arrest systems use a cable with a sliding clamp that doesn't require hooking and unhooking at each step. If you fall, it clamps on the cable. Climbing, it just slides with you.
Absolutly no reason to free climb.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Newest fall arrest systems use a cable with a sliding clamp that doesn't require hooking and unhooking at each step. If you fall, it clamps on the cable. Climbing, it just slides with you.
Absolutly no reason to free climb.

This is all well and good until the work involves a structure that doesn't support that sort of system. Again, mitigation of risks and getting **** done. It isn't rocket science.

I am all about safety especially my personal safety, believe me. That being said sometimes there just ain't no right way to do it. And when you get right down to it THAT problem is typically the fault of some pencil-brained engineer that didn't take the human factor into consideration during the design phase.

Ek

Latest posts

Top Bottom