Ram's new EcoDiesel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know about Dodge, but for Ford and GM, customer orders and dealer orders are coded differently when the order is placed. That's how they know which were already sold.

I hope Dodge does well; competition is good for everyone, and Ford and Dodge are certainly giving the buyers very different options.

I don't know either. But for a smaller dealer like Frontier to have ordered 7-8 for customers, the 400 number does not compute.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update:

My BIL has had his ecodiesel for about 3 weeks now. His last tank was 24mpg with mostly city driving (hand calculated). The EVIC shows 22mpg. Has not taken it on a road trip yet to check hwy mpg. I've driven it once and it does not lack for power. It's no hemi but plenty adequate for normal driving. He said there is a bit of turbo lag but once it kicks in, he has more than enough power. When I got it on the highway the EVIC jumped up to 29-30mpg after achieving cruising speed (70). Has gotten lots of "That's a diesel!?!" gawking.

BTW, he did not get the air suspension and his is a CC 4x4 just for reference.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry just saw this. Over 160,000. I bought a jeep for a daily driver and decided to keep the 3/4 ton. It's all the truck I'll ever need and it's paid for.

No problem...........I was just checking back in here to see if any of these trucks are out on the prowl yet??? Anyone???

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No problem...........I was just checking back in here to see if any of these trucks are out on the prowl yet??? Anyone???

I know of one. I talked to the salesman that sold that one yesterday. He told me that the dealership has sold 5. Said that one guy backed out when it showed up but that truck was sold in 2 days.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I know of one. I talked to the salesman that sold that one yesterday. He told me that the dealership has sold 5. Said that one guy backed out when it showed up but that truck was sold in 2 days.

Thanks, I didn't see your 4/20 post above Old Farts till just now. Does it use DEF?

Latest posts

Top Bottom