Ran the dogs yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our traps were being non-productive, so we got on horseback yesterday and released the hounds to run races with the pigs. First race the dogs struck just as soon as we let them out of the trailer. Got on a nice boar but he was a runner. It was thick thick cover and the hog was able to outrun the dogs. The hog crossed the river and we had to give up on him. Loaded the dogs and went a couple of miles down the road and turned out again and got in the middle of a sounder pretty quickly. We ended up with 5 hogs, the biggest being just over a hundred and the rest were pretty small. One other hog was shot, but 5 were taken alive. We were runnin 3 black mouth curs, one catahoula and a couple of pits for the catch dogs. All made it out without serious injuries and only got knocked off my horse once. Left my phone in the truck so I didn't get pics, but it was a fun roundup.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was doin all I could just to hang on to that ol nag, video is out of the question! Most of my cowboyin has been on 4wheeler and not on horseback. Adds a whole new level riding through trees and thick brush.

MarcusR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ran hogs for the first time on sunday. We hit three places and ended up with one hog, one boar weighed about 150 lbs. Ran a black mouth curr and a catahoula. Made me want to start looking for a pup. But non the less we had a great time. Congrats r00s7a, sounds like you had a great day as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom