Range Finders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyson

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i'm partial to the ol........ looks to be about 20 yards method plus its much cheaper. but if its that serious too you like it has been said and if your not in a huge hurry the pick one up hit up ebay or craigslist possibly.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Leupold RX-600 recently and have been happy with it. Ranges stuff from 15 yards, to out past 500. Cabelas has them on sale for $169.99

It's surprising when you're up in your bowstand and you range stuff and find you're way way off on your original assessment.

I was hunting on one side of a watershed and had some deer show up on the far side. I contemplated shooting at a little 4pt buck that was in the group. I estimated they were no more than 250 yards away. I didn't shoot cause I wanted something bigger. Later I came back and ranged the same distance. I was off by 100 yards, as the actual distance was close to 350. With a behind the shoulder hold, which would have worked at 250, I would have missed cleanly at 350. I would have never guessed that I'd be off that much, but open expanses like water, mountains, and prairie can have an effect.

I highly recommend getting one if a person can afford it.

And don't worry about that "angle correction" crap, you won't need it hunting from a treestand with a decent bow, the math shows only a couple yards difference up close and less of a difference out far. About the only time that stuff would be necessary is if you're hunting on some SERIOUS mountain ranges.

Latest posts

Top Bottom