Range Finders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a bowhunter, and I do not use one. Based upon my shooting and distance estimating skills, I NEED ONE! For bowhunting, they just make sense. I always kinda knocked them till my buddy got one. I think we use it more for entertainment than anything. "Hey man, guess how far away that tree is?" "Guess how far that barn is" We are constantly proven how bad we are at estimating distances.

Let us know what you get and how you like it.

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got my spots marked with tape out to 40 yrds for the wife. I'm using one of those 50$ walmart jobs good for 75yds.

When i used to hunt the river i'd use beer cans pop bottles or what ever was laying around. After awhile figured out that where the most beer cans were the better the hunting.

RackStacker30

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm using the Bushnell Scout 1000 ARC and really like it. If just bowhunting in OK where there is little to no elevation change, a regular rangefinder without the angle range compensation should be sufficient. I got mine off Ebay last year for quite a bit below retail price.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use a set of Nikons that I've had for a few years now. My friend has a set of th Leupolds and they give a true reading on how to aim when elevated in a tree stand.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the old days (1980's) when bows shot a mediocre 270 fps or less, range finders were a valuable tool. Unfortunately, back then, there was no such thing as laser rangefinders (except for those huge contraptions the military used and that cost thousands of dollars).

The biggest help was shooting 3-D matches where you had to learn how to judge distance with your eyes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom