Rangefinders?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm wondering what kind of rangefinder might be the best bang for the price. I know that Wildgame Innovations now has some that are pretty cheap, but that also makes me suspicious. I like my Nikon scopes, but am curious if they are the way to go on this, versus Bushnell or Leupold. I have a 400 yard model from Bushnell, but want one I can truly range out to 700 at least. Let me know what your experiences have been. Thanks

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't used one personally, I have a Nikon 400 that I use mostly for archery hunting. I have had it for a few years, received it as a Christmas gift. If I had to purchase one today for longer range where anything under 50 yards wasn't an issue, I would get the Leica 1200. The only complaints of the Leica 1200 is it is unreliable at close range (archery ranges).
Leica Rangemaster CRF 1200 Rangefinder Leica 1200

Clean Harry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Nikon 400 and sometimes wish it would go a little farther. My hunting Buddy has a Bushnell, but it locks in on a little limb or brush if it is between him and the target. My Nikon doesn't do that so I like it better.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a Leupold VX-II and I love it. It effectively ranges from 5 yards to 750 yards. It seems I got it at Academy for around $170. That was many moons ago, the price may be higher now.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although I believe the Nikons are the only ones considered water proof I like the bushnells. I like the 400 for the price but if u want something a little further reaching look at the Arc 1000, I typically tell people they are waisting there money with the angle comp on these but if u want something going out to 700 then im assuming u want it for rifle? Well the Arc also has a ballistics holdover display. There is a list of ballistics charts programmed into it and u pick the one that best matches your gun. Then when u range something it will tell u how far it is and how high to aim...

Latest posts

Top Bottom