RE: Concealment Challenge January 29 at Heartland Outdoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
All in favor of Moboost's actions or suggestions say aye. So far not a single supporter. National and State titles? Hundreds of hours at matches? I'd be interested in seeing posted results. Poor manners and tact? Especially on the internet. Absolute fact there. No place for that in action shooting. I'd say most new shooters get hooked and come back for more. Most ask questions from Grand Masters and other experienced shooters instead of trashing them on a forum so they can improve their shooting and understanding of the sport. I guess we can see how many others speak up on his behalf. It's a shame the way this was handled in my worthless opinion.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I already outlined in a previous post how tier-shooting won't work in a sport where the time frames are not determined in advance.

Military Bolt Action Bench Rest (MBABR) is exactly where that format DOES work. Great for them, but it doesn't carry over into the Action shooting sports.

Maybe all the clubs around here and across the nation have been doing it wrong since 1975. Obviously, you're the person we've all been waiting for to show us "The One True Way."

I look forward to you forming your own action shooting match so I can come shoot it in Tier 2

Andreii, given your stated experience level around guns, I was shocked to learn that you committed a DQ'able offense, for which you should've been sent home. The only reason you were not was because the RO was new and, honestly, didn't want to send a new shooter home. If he had properly DQ'd you, you would've avoided the wait you're still complaining about.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Andreii, given your stated experience level around guns, I was shocked to learn that you committed a DQ'able offense, for which you should've been sent home. The only reason you were not was because the RO was new and, honestly, didn't want to send a new shooter home. If he had properly DQ'd you, you would've avoided the wait you're still complaining about.

This is inappropriate. You know better.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wondered when you'd show up.

Andreii is the one that insisted on "Open Discussion," not me.

At least he isn't banned from the Carrygun Match. Only one local shooter holds that distinction.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wondered when you'd show up.

Andreii is the one that insisted on "Open Discussion," not me.

At least he isn't banned from the Carrygun Match. Only one local shooter holds that distinction.

REALLY?!? If you are referring to me, then maybe you should tell me. If I am banned from your match, you certainly have never told me. I would also be interested in knowing for what reason I would be banned as I have NEVER violated a rule while shooting your match. Albeit, I only shot it twice. Or did it just occur when I dared to question your discretion?

It appears you are attacking anyone that doesn't agree with you. That's a very childish way to act.

You should and do know better, as a match director, than to discuss on a public forum a shooter being DQ'ed. You should show more discretion and restraint.

ETA: I just realized why I might be banned from your match. Does it have something to do with me ordering a holster from you, you making repeated promises to deliver without doing so and then me telling you I'd just go ahead and order one from Comp-Tac?

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't care what holster you use or recommend.

You are banned for shooting across the bay, into the wall. A very unsafe thing to do. You left immediately thereafter and never came back, so it's been a non-issue.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't care what holster you use or recommend.

You are banned for shooting across the bay, into the wall. A very unsafe thing to do. You left immediately thereafter and never came back, so it's been a non-issue.

I never fired a shot into a wall. EVER. Your range or any other. Was I immediately stopped? Was it brought to my attention? Was I DQ'ed? Did it show me DQ'ed when the scores came out? The answer to all of these questions are no. You are full of **** and you know it David.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To support my previous statement of your comments being inappropriate. The Range Officer's Creed includes the following:

"I shall confer only with my fellow Range Officers and Match Officials concerning the behavior of any competitor and any decisions to be rendered."

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I already outlined in a previous post how tier-shooting won't work in a sport where the time frames are not determined in advance.
So after thirty something years you've been doing this - you going to sit there and tell me that you have NO idea how long each stage will take. :saywhat:

I have no problem with getting DQed, happened to me a few times, except I lost $100s of dollars in purse and drove 12 hours back to Oklahoma empty handed.
RO found my infraction NOT a DQing offense - it stops there. Did you see it? Why are you bringing it up? Power trip? Just another personal attack?

I did not say anything about you - I don't know you. And yet you have taken every opportunity to make personal attacks on me like you know me. WTF?

I did not make any suggestions on the rules, classes, stages, gear - NOTHING. The only thing I said that it's unfair to participants to waste their time due to lack of organizational skills. If other participants feel it's ok - good for them. I paid my hard earned cash to participate in organized match - I believe I am entitled to an opinion about such organization - good or bad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom