Re: Starbucks or "Slapping an Ally in the Face"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm glad you got your coffee and I sincerely hope that your magic rabbits feet continue to ward away the evil spirits!

I do want to say that it would be wise not to confuse a company's desire not to get involved on a political issue as them supporting one side or another. They are abiding by the laws that exist in the locales of their businesses. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Ek :D

Still waiting on a clarification on your statement, thanks.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad you got your coffee and I sincerely hope that your magic rabbits feet continue to ward away the evil spirits!

I do want to say that it would be wise not to confuse a company's desire not to get involved on a political issue as them supporting one side or another. They are abiding by the laws that exist in the locales of their businesses. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Ek :D

I'm certain there have been numerous occasions where someone was going to jump me after seeing the gun on my hip, but ran away in fear after seeing the magic rabbit foot on my keychain. THAT is why I carry a rabbits foot! I'm so thankful I live in state that allows me to PUBLICALLY display a rabbits foot to keep my family safe. I've been trying to find a tacticool holster for my rabbits foot, but I just have not found anything as "quick on the draw" as my keychain.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The hell with Starbucks. I like them ok. I buy that stuff some times on the road, but I can make better coffee at home. The one good thing they've done is give Americans a taste for stronger coffee, the stuff my parents called coffee was nearer to weak-ass tea colored water.

There was a Starbucks in Altus that was open about three weeks (ISYN)
That made me laugh. People like me won't buy that stuff unless they have to.

Now I don't give a damn if they go completely down the drain. They have to choose between second amendment coffee and gun grabber coffee. They thought they could make a compromise, because they're "in business." They thought they could keep the gun owner AND the yuppie socker Mom. They made their choice.

I hope they roast [ha!!] in hell.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"I'm going to rub your nose in my rights" open carry retards.

Most of the time, well, at least some of the time, when I'm sober and decide to say something belittling I write it and then sleep on it before I post it. About 90% of the time I decide not to post it after I've slept on it. That is as long as it's something that has to do with our guys. If it has anything to do with their guys all is fair.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In fact, I think this could actually unite us with the panzie asses. The yuppies could boycott them far allowing carry, and we could boycott them for being rude to us. I think this issue will just about finish them. Take that Starbuck's!

oklaccer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This needs to be spread far and wide, especually amongst the "I'm going to rub your nose in my rights" open carry retards.

Communication is an interesting thing, people tend to see only the main points and lose the finer points. The focus of your statement, without any clarification or qualification would lead people to believe that your opinion is that all open carry people are open carry retards. If so, at least you are in good company, this forum is full of like minded individuals. In years past, concealing a firearm was an act of cowardice, no self respecting person would even think of concealed carry. Only cowards and criminals would hide their firearm. Over time, it grew in use and acceptance by the law enforcement crowd and the general public as well. It has grown to a point that it has become the preferred choice of carry for many. Society has taken the "out of sight, out of mind" to a whole new level. The sheep are sheepier, and want to continue to be so. The past few years, the sheepdogs have been increasingly outspoken and active. They want to be sheepdogs. They want the wolves to know they are sheepdogs. Now the sheep are seeing the sheepdog again and it unsettles them. So be it. You want to run around looking like sheep, go ahead. Don't hate the sheepdog. Don't work against the sheepdog.
From what I have seen and read on here, the main reasons people don't like open carry is some sort of fear. Fear of being seen carrying a firearm. Fear of what others may say. Fear of being the first target. Fear of someone wanting to take their gun away. Fear of having to go somewhere else when their chosen business doesn't fully support their choice. Fear of being told to leave. It gets covered up a lot by "personal choice", but the bottom line is still the bottom line. The CC crowd and the OC crowd should be working together instead of in-fighting. It is interesting that the negative action of "slapping an ally in the face" is exactly what you did to the OC crowd with your first statement.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I have seen and read on here, the main reasons people don't like open carry is some sort of fear. Fear of being seen carrying a firearm. Fear of what others may say. Fear of being the first target. Fear of someone wanting to take their gun away. Fear of having to go somewhere else when their chosen business doesn't fully support their choice. Fear of being told to leave. It gets covered up a lot by "personal choice", but the bottom line is still the bottom line. The CC crowd and the OC crowd should be working together instead of in-fighting. It is interesting that the negative action of "slapping an ally in the face" is exactly what you did to the OC crowd with your first statement.

Seems to me this could easily be taken as you calling those who CC cowards.

But we should all be working together.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The sheepdog thing is an interesting metaphor. The sheepdog's primary responsibility is not to protect the sheep. He works in the service of the speppard. He keeps the sheep together, and he drives the sheep either to be sheared or to be slaughtered. I'll never understand why this would be a point of pride with anybody.

Just another random observation. My mind wanders.

Latest posts

Top Bottom