Reciprocity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am planning a trip to Branson. I know Missouri honors OK CC but is there anything else I should know before I go? We are going to Silver Dollar City,not sure where else yet.
Any information would be helpful.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife had never ridden a train. They have a nice train that goes nowhere for about two hours. Ride out and back. If you plan ahead, they have a dinner run that would be nice and romantic.

Standing at the platform waiting to board and the conductor gives his speech. Part of his speech was that the train was considered Federal Transportation, or some such stuff, and as such, even though concealed carry was allowed in Branson, it was not allowed on the train.

Not knowing what would be involved, I had to make a mad run to the parking lot just in case.

No pat downs or metal detectors then, but...

Course, that was 2-3 years ago. That was the only place I remember a problem.

If you get a chance to go to the Butterfly house, it is well worth it.

Dave

IronMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. The train sounds like a good idea. My wife has never been on a train either so ii will be something to check out.

Thanks

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regarding CC in MO, or any other State outside OK, it's always helpful to solicit personal experiences from others, but be sure to read over the State's rulebook. Don't ruin your vacation on account of a seemingly silly or simple technicality.

And, as always- Concealed means concealed. Have a great trip!

Always wanted to ride around the Branson area, never have time...

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I travel to MO frequently(family in StL, work sites in KC area). Aside from the train listed above, MO is very friendly and not unlike OK in places you can/cannot carry. Not identical, but similar. So places that cause for a second thought in OK are worth checking in MO. Here is a good link to some specifics:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/missouri.pdf

Also from what I understand you don't have duty to notify LEOs of the CCW like in OK, but I consider it wise and had no issue when I notified a Trooper when my got a speeding ticket (watch out for those planes! :D ).

FWIW, I went to Silver Dollar city when I was 4. I remember nothing from the trip except the train. Even being that young I still remember how much fun the train was. Not sure why, but it was cool.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We could travel while carrying our miniature lawyer around in your front pocket, but must of us don't. Absenting that, go to http://www.handgunlaw.us/ and read about the law, in this case Missouri. Pay particular attention to carry in amusement parks.

It just isn't worth NOT reading up a little and is part of the responsibilities involved with being a SDA permittee.

VladdDImpaler

Marksman
Reaction score
Not sure if you are a smartphone user, but if so there are two free apps that really help when I travel (go to a lot of conferences for work). They are Gun Concealed and Legal Heat. You select the state and it gives you a pretty nice break down of the dos and don'ts for the state you're headed to. Also, if you select the state your CCW is from, it shows you a map of where reciprocity applies.

IronMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies and info. We are planning to go in June. We will for sure check out the train,it sounds like a lot of fun.

Thanks again

owassopilot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to the documents on www.handgunlaw.us, "Any gated area of an amusement park" is considered a prohibited place. So, Silver Dollar City would be prohibited, except for the parking lot. It does go on to say that entering any prohibited place is NOT a criminal offense, but could cost you your license, or get you a citation for trespassing if they ask you to leave, but refuse.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to the documents on www.handgunlaw.us, "Any gated area of an amusement park" is considered a prohibited place. So, Silver Dollar City would be prohibited, except for the parking lot. It does go on to say that entering any prohibited place is NOT a criminal offense, but could cost you your license, or get you a citation for trespassing if they ask you to leave, but refuse.

When MO was going through the first try for CC, Silver Dollar City was in the forefront of the opposition, along with Hallmark in KC. Neither get my money anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom