Any jewellery experts in the house?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found a ring in some of the stuff we inherited but nobody knows where it came from, or if it is even real. Looks like what they called a cocktail ring, not sure if they still do. Lots of small diamonds on a silver colored band. Looks like something inscribed inside but we can not read it. Also missing a few stones.

Anyone in the Edmond area know jewellery or know an honest, cheap place to take it? I just want to know if it is real more than anything else.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not a jeweler but have read that if something is made of gold it has to have a "k" on the item if it was manufactured in the United States. 10k, 14k etc. I had a gold watch chain and took it to a jeweler and handed it to him and he said it wasn't gold. I said, "how can you tell?" I figured that an acid test had to be done or at least place the chain on scales but he said the weight it was too light.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found a ring in some of the stuff we inherited but nobody knows where it came from, or if it is even real. Looks like what they called a cocktail ring, not sure if they still do. Lots of small diamonds on a silver colored band. Looks like something inscribed inside but we can not read it. Also missing a few stones.

Anyone in the Edmond area know jewellery or know an honest, cheap place to take it? I just want to know if it is real more than anything else.
Rings Etc right on Broadway just a rock's throw south of 2ND street.
225 S Broadway St, Edmond, OK 73034
The guy there's a top knotch jeweler from the old days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom